Tuesday, August 23, 2011

DIY

Life in this country is a big do it yourself project and as part of that project, we just moved houses all BY OURSELVES. In caps, because I have never done that before. In all my life we have moved houses exactly thrice and all times people from Achan's office would come and pack everything up while we played with bubble wrap and had a lot of outside food. Also: in these rented houses every time before I left, I would go up to the terrace and in some corner write my name and a few things about me for future kids who arrive in the house to read. I also searched for such things in new houses, its one of those things, that now manifests itself when I buy old second hand books, I search for some writing, some kind of clue who the last owner was. Some kind of a kick.

Anyhow, that was a painful process, but thankfully, the new house is just a 5min drive away, so we hauled the Uhaul and loaded everything up, lugging down bed and boxes and dining table and stands and god-knows-what-other crap.
By night about ten-ish when we were done, I had literally no energy left but I wanted to do the whole boil milk thing but I didnt let it overflow? all over. There was no way I was going to clean that up and then we had  KFC- because we deserve it!

The new house has the woods next to it, so in the evenings you hear the Cicada's song- I am just calling it that, I am not sure if its indeed them. But the sound is so calming and reminds me of my native place. I am going to miss staying here with him.

As for other activities, finished Last of her kind- Sigird Nunez, in less than three days, it was so interesting. Its about the 60's America- Class, flower power and all that craziness. I am so excited to meet her!
Movies: Capt America- Not bad at all
My Blueberry nights- Pretty decent.

I will leave on Sunday. 

4 comments:

Nefertiti said...

Moving is like my favourite topic... I have done a PhD in that! n each time I move, I carry a certain amount of baggage with me, which explains the extra weight :(
n good luck for your new beginning: beginning of dreams coming true

Madhavan said...

Yup, here's to a new beginning..cheers!!

june said...

:)

Heathcliffs Girl said...

:) Thanks everyone..