I hate my friend's husband.
He is the biggest douche I have met/ heard about in the last few years and I hate him to the extent that I am sure if I have to meet him now, it will be super hard for me to pretend and have a half-decent conversation. So he is your typical Malayalee loser although I am using this term kind of vaguely because I am sure the traits can be universal but because they live there it's kind of more in a nuanced Keralish way. For e.g she texted me about her sponsorship finding dilemmas for a function that she was event co ordinating? She wanted me to write her speech and she is so proud of what she is doing and he is just being this gigantic asshole about it. He prefers that she doesn't do anything! Except look after the kid. And makes it all so very difficult for her. And he never wants to do anything she wants to. He wont even lift a finger to help with stuff not even to do with the child. He only wants to drink beer and sit in the restaurant and watch t.v if they go for a trip and he wants to live in the joint family and basically live the good life having it all while doing absolutely nothing.
I love my friend! I think she is quirky and funny and sexy! She has put on some baby weight but is really so beautiful and I have a feeling from some of our conversations that she doesn't quite believe it anymore but is a little resigned to it. Her father told her it seems she better lose some weight or the guy will leave her! She makes these into jokes but when she repeats it, I feel like I must say something, now, now. But it always feels like I am encroaching and that if I say something, our relationship might shift a little bit. I dont want that also. Like although we are close I am not in the place where I can react as I wish like maybe how I would with say with, P. As in I wont be blunt. Because most of the times she is convincing herself its funny/ 'that's- just- how- things- are- here', and I just dont want to comment on anything out till she is willing to say something. Because really wont I be kind of being an ass myself by you know pointing out from my nice high chair? I wont.
But I love her and I wish I could have done something for her. In a way I am really glad she has a lot of money. Maybe that helps a little. That seems a sad thing to say.
He is the biggest douche I have met/ heard about in the last few years and I hate him to the extent that I am sure if I have to meet him now, it will be super hard for me to pretend and have a half-decent conversation. So he is your typical Malayalee loser although I am using this term kind of vaguely because I am sure the traits can be universal but because they live there it's kind of more in a nuanced Keralish way. For e.g she texted me about her sponsorship finding dilemmas for a function that she was event co ordinating? She wanted me to write her speech and she is so proud of what she is doing and he is just being this gigantic asshole about it. He prefers that she doesn't do anything! Except look after the kid. And makes it all so very difficult for her. And he never wants to do anything she wants to. He wont even lift a finger to help with stuff not even to do with the child. He only wants to drink beer and sit in the restaurant and watch t.v if they go for a trip and he wants to live in the joint family and basically live the good life having it all while doing absolutely nothing.
I love my friend! I think she is quirky and funny and sexy! She has put on some baby weight but is really so beautiful and I have a feeling from some of our conversations that she doesn't quite believe it anymore but is a little resigned to it. Her father told her it seems she better lose some weight or the guy will leave her! She makes these into jokes but when she repeats it, I feel like I must say something, now, now. But it always feels like I am encroaching and that if I say something, our relationship might shift a little bit. I dont want that also. Like although we are close I am not in the place where I can react as I wish like maybe how I would with say with, P. As in I wont be blunt. Because most of the times she is convincing herself its funny/ 'that's- just- how- things- are- here', and I just dont want to comment on anything out till she is willing to say something. Because really wont I be kind of being an ass myself by you know pointing out from my nice high chair? I wont.
But I love her and I wish I could have done something for her. In a way I am really glad she has a lot of money. Maybe that helps a little. That seems a sad thing to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment