Friday, September 13, 2013

Phoebe/Phoebo

Get it? :) A said he recently met someone who didn't know what FRIENDS was. Talk about feeling old! I think Buzzfeed actually has a 22 ways FRIENDS can make you feel old. That Emma girl baby is 13 years old now or something!
And speaking of babies, we are having ourselves ( sounds like cake) a little baby girl! :)

So we found out a while ago; I have just been meh about blogging. But baby girl deserves to be mentioned especially now that she is kicking away gloriously. Sometimes its a light shake as though she is using her fists other times its a proper kick that feels like someone is flicking my insides, like HELLOOOO? Anyone there?

I wanted a baby girl so bad. I just think I might do better with one. Like I have an unreasonable boy baby fear. We bet five bucks. A bet on girl and me on a boy. Because it felt like a boy. The technician said she wont take us ever to Vegas.

But overall she has been a good baby. Such a good good little baby! I already love her so much. And I am so curious about her. In the scans she is seen folding her arms across belly, like me when I was on that chair, as the technician pointed out and crossing her ankles and everything she does seems amazing. If its like this now, I cant imagine how 'mesmerized' we are going to be. A is equally bad. He loves hearing her heartbeat. He makes requests to technicians to please, play it again. If it could be played on loop, he would so ask! And then he beams. So silly, both of us!
And speaking of A, I am certain if it were possible, I love him more with this pregnancy. He has been such a super trooper. Initially when I was panicking over little stuff, I asked Amma to come immediately and she said, no, my sister has exams and she can only make it afterward. Which kind of hurt. Not that I think Amma is obliged to come help me but I was so flipping out but I never asked after she said that. I have left it to her to decide whatever she wants. So I am really grateful that A has been calm and wonderfully at my side, helping out with all kinds of little things and cheering me up and driving 20miles so that I can eat Manchow soup.

We have so far stuck with Meghna for baby girl, Meeku for home, although we both feel certain she is anything but meek. We had a couple of other options but they seem duller day by day.

My parents were a little disappointed; like my sister said, maybe they are tired having girls. Its fine. I have gotten over my irritation. My mom said, well, we wanted a healthy baby, that is all, and this is after her saying, "its ok, its ok". I should have said, IT IS OK! Please don't console me! But I was taken aback and did my awkward, uncomfy laugh thing. A was equally taken aback.
My dad said, well, we can teach her dance and music. I was seething but lately I have taken to not responding. I just cant. Usually there is a pleasure in disputing and debating but now its just an energy drain. I am going to teach her music/ dance if she wishes but also fucking Karate and Taekwondo or horse riding or whatever she wants. ( maybe I should stop swearing?)

His parents were very excited. Perhaps because my sister in law is having a boy and so Meeku is the first girl that side. Eventually my mother said she is sorry. But it was the worst kind of apology ever. Punctuated with, I didn't mean it but, perhaps you shall understand 25 years from now etc etc.
Again : cant respond.

My sister has been the second most excited person about the baby. I think she saves my doctor dates in her calendar because she is so on time asking me how it went. She keeps asking me to Skype and seems sad that she cant hang out with my big belly! Belly isn't that big. I have put on some weight but mostly on my face! Ugh.
My mom says I was 3 kilos which is 6pounds! And Meeku is only a pound so far.

ps: I think I understand people who constantly post baby pictures on the Interwebz. What a temptation it must be! To be so insanely proud of everything a tiny person does and to display it to everyone. I shall refrain however. I hope.




4 comments:

Madhavan said...

Exciting times!! And I remember our visits to the doc like it happened only yesterday. I did not want to know, and Priya wanted to know. As soon as the technician asked "Do you want to know?", she blurted out Yes!..and he told. :)

Hope they are printing out all those pictures for you. We have one of Aditi waving from inside.

Have fun. Take care. (yes,..stop swearing. they can hear you. :D)

Heathcliffs Girl said...

:):) In our case we both wanted to know! Everyone kept asking if we didn't want it to be a surprise!!

Yeah they give us all the pictures and a video!

The Pixy Princess said...

Good heavens!! I'm away from blog-land for almost a year... and I return to this!

How asspicious, as one of my great-aunts says!

Congratulations!!

Heathcliffs Girl said...

PP: Hello again! :) Danke!