Been a while, folks.
Last day in Btown < as in the day before last day> was spent or is it spend? These grammar issues. I feel stupid. I am sure its spent cos spend is spend money on summer dress right? Someone correct me. So last day in Btown was spend hammered on absinthe and tequila shots at R's place. Till about midnight. The absinthe smuggled from Spain did little to get me sloshed but the accompanying whiskey shot and then a tequila shot did it. I was soon dancing to tamil songs much to the amusement of the guys. R is snoops closest friend in btown and generally I guess. I do like him. He is pretty genuine and no hang up's except for his inappropriate jokes which I have gotten used to with time. Nothing too annoying or I might have had to tell him off which would have been very uncomfortable. I have very little patience for people who cross the lines or do not see the damn line. I am sure I am very clear about the lines.
Anyway R is also moving since he is also almost winding up his Phd and Snoop is sort of sad. So we decided to see lots of R before he was gone and when I am back in Aug I would miss him too thus the grand finale. By midnight we were all sloshed enough to get to the strip club. R had been talking the strip club here for a while and for snoop's 30th bday we never made it cos I think it got too late. So we finally got there. I was drunk enough for it and I dont really mind the idea. I think I am very...-fascinated with naked women! :/ Even for erotica I prefer regular girl on girl action. Ah anyway.More on that later.
So R and snoop and the other two guys- nice guys- obviously have been here before. As in the strip club in general and it was my first time. So R was happy enough to get me the girls. He put some dollar bills in my hand and off we went checking girls out. The girls were only naked upwards. Which was honestly a relief. I dont think I could have handled being too close to a completely naked gyrating woman.
So a couple of women rubbed my face between their boobs. Thats about it. I declined from a lap dance. Maybe another time. R's wife is a fun woman who has got her brains and senses about her. He tells me what a turn on its for her to buy him lap dances and watch them. I was amused cos I havent really spend much time with her but this image he provided me with just wouldnt go since then. :/
After that I was so tired I just wanted to curl up in my warm bed and yes, wash my face first. The boi's were still up and about though Snoop said later that he too was just dying to be in bed. We came back to our place and I crashed immediately while they went about smoking up. I had had enough. and next morning we had so much stuff to do but we didnt wake up for ever. For EVER. and finally ran about doing things last minute. Obviously there is a price to pay.
The drive itself was three days and the first two days were normal and fun actually. Not too tiring. By about 7 we would reach the hotel and shower and google for local Indian places cos the thought of having onemore burger was just .not considerable. So first day in Nebraska we found a place called Tandoor and we had some chicken in coconut sauce and rice and I asked the guy if the orange was actually an orange or a Musambi. He said "orange only like orange in color, you know vitamin c and all". Snoop was very amused. :/
The second day we drove through Iowa and I kept thinking of Dey House- The Iowa writers workshop and Sam Chang who had so politely declined me and I texted Snoop's aunty who I am close to saying-"In Iowa the place that didnt want me" and she said "Good! Have you seen the place?The corn and the farms,You belong in Boston"
Trust her to say the right things. Anyway, after Iowa there was acres and acres of wyoming farm land and lonely stretches of road, just me and the boi and the car. Chuggging along. Third day we crossed into Nevada and the trouble began. One does not expect snow in the desert. Anyway we have learned our lesson.At some point in our shifts I took over, we were doing three hour and two hours resp and the fog+rain+ hail began and soon it was impossible to see. I hate driving in just rain and then this!
There was no point stopping cos for one I couldnt see any exits for a while and two boi was stressed from his own shift. This idiot assehole took the left lane and sped by in the friggin fog to my annoyance spraying things in his wake and I couldnt see anything for like 2mins and I had to sudden brake with panic attacks of skidding. I abused him and his whole family for a while. and later on much later on we saw that the patrol had pulled him over. HAHA. These days punishments are quick. There is a malayalam saying " Varambathu thanne kooli" There you go.
The area near Lake Taho was the worst. The traffic was slowed down and we were just crawling. Snoop started worrying about snow chains and how we didnt have any warm clothes to get out and fix the chains but thankfully they didnt make us. After a delay of almost four hours where I didnt whine even once :) we made it to Sacramento. After which I whined about my need to pee till he stopped.
We arrived at our hotel so drained. so so drained. Repeating for emphasis. Santa Clara is filled with Indians. You look anywhere-they are there. And filled with Indian Restaurants. Tons and tons. We were happy. We picked on out- Mayuri and we were headed there when we saw another one- Peacock- whats with the bird obsession! The latter was filled! and we contd to Mayuri which was empty.
We should have left then but stupidly we stayed and I ordered a chicken fry. The waitress reminded me of Bharti from college. Unnecessary enthusiasm. and her apron thing was smeared with curry stains and I saw her cough into the chutney dabbas as she brought the Papadams! :/ Snoop said she was the only good thing in the place. I am inclined to agree. After writing this post I am going to go write a lovely review for Mayuri asseholes who charged me crazy money for crappy food. You know some things are just unforgivable, like displaying Fry in the menu and then bringing me curry and then trying to convince me that this could be a fry.
There were a couple of Indian guys behind us. Before we ordered we could hear them say things in Hindi. They then demanded to call the manager. I dislike such people. Usually. The ones who demand the manager's arrival to tell him what exactly the problem is. Anyway after we paid I am willing to think they were right. I should have given him a earful. Wait for your review, jerks.
The other peacock place is awesome. The lunch buffet has the perfect Biriyani and its reasonably priced. We are amazed at the - Indianess- if I may. There were a couple of people sitting next to us talking loudly about some of their friends and how " both the husband and wife would smoke and drink" and then the girls cribbed about their In-laws!
Amazing right? I mean some things never change. These random Mother in law cribbers annoy me. Of course I can afford to be annoyed cos I get along with mine but I find it very distasteful how even if you dont get along with yours, dont run about telling every tom and dick this. At least not to someone you just met!
Anyhow. We just found a place to live. Its a room in a house in a beautiful house that too. Furnished so we dont have to run around looking to rent bed and things. A large lovely kitchen and three other guys. We have to share the loo which isnt something I am too happy about but what the hell. I am just going to have fun till I am here.
Snoop seems to feel very horrid about putting me up in this place with a shared guys bathroom et and all. I keep telling him to look at the bright sides, the room and the rose bushes outside and the lovely street. He seems to want to buy me things for my sacrifice. :o I think I will put those feelings to good use. :)
What else. G, my friend from Symbi lives a mile away. So we went out with her and her husband to dinner and It was just like old times. she is the same. I am the same. I am probably going to be seeing lots of her if her school time permits. I realized I did miss her. she was my closest friend there and for two years we were together all the time, except when we had our fights. :/
Yesterday we went down to San fran and ate at Fisherman's wharf. I expected much in fishy terms, all kinds of fish but I found only regular catfish fried to a crispy golden- snoop's favorite and mine, not. Crabs yes. I told myself to eat mussels but I finally forgot. Walked around a bit and went to Ghirardelli and Boi had a big sundae with creamy caramel while I ate small spoons of it. Boi loves ice cream and dislikes chocolates. I like the opposite so there wont be any- you got more of the share problems. :/
We then lay down on the grass and got cold. My nose is a little sun burned cos stupidly I forgot about sun block and thought how more burned can my brown skin get. Apparently lots.
That is pretty much it for now. More after I have wandered the streets of vegas. soonly.
Last day in Btown < as in the day before last day> was spent or is it spend? These grammar issues. I feel stupid. I am sure its spent cos spend is spend money on summer dress right? Someone correct me. So last day in Btown was spend hammered on absinthe and tequila shots at R's place. Till about midnight. The absinthe smuggled from Spain did little to get me sloshed but the accompanying whiskey shot and then a tequila shot did it. I was soon dancing to tamil songs much to the amusement of the guys. R is snoops closest friend in btown and generally I guess. I do like him. He is pretty genuine and no hang up's except for his inappropriate jokes which I have gotten used to with time. Nothing too annoying or I might have had to tell him off which would have been very uncomfortable. I have very little patience for people who cross the lines or do not see the damn line. I am sure I am very clear about the lines.
Anyway R is also moving since he is also almost winding up his Phd and Snoop is sort of sad. So we decided to see lots of R before he was gone and when I am back in Aug I would miss him too thus the grand finale. By midnight we were all sloshed enough to get to the strip club. R had been talking the strip club here for a while and for snoop's 30th bday we never made it cos I think it got too late. So we finally got there. I was drunk enough for it and I dont really mind the idea. I think I am very...-fascinated with naked women! :/ Even for erotica I prefer regular girl on girl action. Ah anyway.More on that later.
So R and snoop and the other two guys- nice guys- obviously have been here before. As in the strip club in general and it was my first time. So R was happy enough to get me the girls. He put some dollar bills in my hand and off we went checking girls out. The girls were only naked upwards. Which was honestly a relief. I dont think I could have handled being too close to a completely naked gyrating woman.
So a couple of women rubbed my face between their boobs. Thats about it. I declined from a lap dance. Maybe another time. R's wife is a fun woman who has got her brains and senses about her. He tells me what a turn on its for her to buy him lap dances and watch them. I was amused cos I havent really spend much time with her but this image he provided me with just wouldnt go since then. :/
After that I was so tired I just wanted to curl up in my warm bed and yes, wash my face first. The boi's were still up and about though Snoop said later that he too was just dying to be in bed. We came back to our place and I crashed immediately while they went about smoking up. I had had enough. and next morning we had so much stuff to do but we didnt wake up for ever. For EVER. and finally ran about doing things last minute. Obviously there is a price to pay.
The drive itself was three days and the first two days were normal and fun actually. Not too tiring. By about 7 we would reach the hotel and shower and google for local Indian places cos the thought of having onemore burger was just .not considerable. So first day in Nebraska we found a place called Tandoor and we had some chicken in coconut sauce and rice and I asked the guy if the orange was actually an orange or a Musambi. He said "orange only like orange in color, you know vitamin c and all". Snoop was very amused. :/
The second day we drove through Iowa and I kept thinking of Dey House- The Iowa writers workshop and Sam Chang who had so politely declined me and I texted Snoop's aunty who I am close to saying-"In Iowa the place that didnt want me" and she said "Good! Have you seen the place?The corn and the farms,You belong in Boston"
Trust her to say the right things. Anyway, after Iowa there was acres and acres of wyoming farm land and lonely stretches of road, just me and the boi and the car. Chuggging along. Third day we crossed into Nevada and the trouble began. One does not expect snow in the desert. Anyway we have learned our lesson.At some point in our shifts I took over, we were doing three hour and two hours resp and the fog+rain+ hail began and soon it was impossible to see. I hate driving in just rain and then this!
There was no point stopping cos for one I couldnt see any exits for a while and two boi was stressed from his own shift. This idiot assehole took the left lane and sped by in the friggin fog to my annoyance spraying things in his wake and I couldnt see anything for like 2mins and I had to sudden brake with panic attacks of skidding. I abused him and his whole family for a while. and later on much later on we saw that the patrol had pulled him over. HAHA. These days punishments are quick. There is a malayalam saying " Varambathu thanne kooli" There you go.
The area near Lake Taho was the worst. The traffic was slowed down and we were just crawling. Snoop started worrying about snow chains and how we didnt have any warm clothes to get out and fix the chains but thankfully they didnt make us. After a delay of almost four hours where I didnt whine even once :) we made it to Sacramento. After which I whined about my need to pee till he stopped.
We arrived at our hotel so drained. so so drained. Repeating for emphasis. Santa Clara is filled with Indians. You look anywhere-they are there. And filled with Indian Restaurants. Tons and tons. We were happy. We picked on out- Mayuri and we were headed there when we saw another one- Peacock- whats with the bird obsession! The latter was filled! and we contd to Mayuri which was empty.
We should have left then but stupidly we stayed and I ordered a chicken fry. The waitress reminded me of Bharti from college. Unnecessary enthusiasm. and her apron thing was smeared with curry stains and I saw her cough into the chutney dabbas as she brought the Papadams! :/ Snoop said she was the only good thing in the place. I am inclined to agree. After writing this post I am going to go write a lovely review for Mayuri asseholes who charged me crazy money for crappy food. You know some things are just unforgivable, like displaying Fry in the menu and then bringing me curry and then trying to convince me that this could be a fry.
There were a couple of Indian guys behind us. Before we ordered we could hear them say things in Hindi. They then demanded to call the manager. I dislike such people. Usually. The ones who demand the manager's arrival to tell him what exactly the problem is. Anyway after we paid I am willing to think they were right. I should have given him a earful. Wait for your review, jerks.
The other peacock place is awesome. The lunch buffet has the perfect Biriyani and its reasonably priced. We are amazed at the - Indianess- if I may. There were a couple of people sitting next to us talking loudly about some of their friends and how " both the husband and wife would smoke and drink" and then the girls cribbed about their In-laws!
Amazing right? I mean some things never change. These random Mother in law cribbers annoy me. Of course I can afford to be annoyed cos I get along with mine but I find it very distasteful how even if you dont get along with yours, dont run about telling every tom and dick this. At least not to someone you just met!
Anyhow. We just found a place to live. Its a room in a house in a beautiful house that too. Furnished so we dont have to run around looking to rent bed and things. A large lovely kitchen and three other guys. We have to share the loo which isnt something I am too happy about but what the hell. I am just going to have fun till I am here.
Snoop seems to feel very horrid about putting me up in this place with a shared guys bathroom et and all. I keep telling him to look at the bright sides, the room and the rose bushes outside and the lovely street. He seems to want to buy me things for my sacrifice. :o I think I will put those feelings to good use. :)
What else. G, my friend from Symbi lives a mile away. So we went out with her and her husband to dinner and It was just like old times. she is the same. I am the same. I am probably going to be seeing lots of her if her school time permits. I realized I did miss her. she was my closest friend there and for two years we were together all the time, except when we had our fights. :/
Yesterday we went down to San fran and ate at Fisherman's wharf. I expected much in fishy terms, all kinds of fish but I found only regular catfish fried to a crispy golden- snoop's favorite and mine, not. Crabs yes. I told myself to eat mussels but I finally forgot. Walked around a bit and went to Ghirardelli and Boi had a big sundae with creamy caramel while I ate small spoons of it. Boi loves ice cream and dislikes chocolates. I like the opposite so there wont be any- you got more of the share problems. :/
We then lay down on the grass and got cold. My nose is a little sun burned cos stupidly I forgot about sun block and thought how more burned can my brown skin get. Apparently lots.
That is pretty much it for now. More after I have wandered the streets of vegas. soonly.
6 comments:
You came from India.Period. Stop acting as if you came from a place where all drivers are civil and where cleanliness and sanitation is top of the list..Oh and its Tahoe not Taho.
You clearly dont know me. I eat from roadside places all the time with no issues. I only have a problem when someone is charging me money for food and a place that is not worth it. and as for drivers, Obviously, being splashed over and not seeing where you are going counts enough for me to abuse them, it doesnt matter where I come from for that.
ps: Taking potshots anon? Such fun eh?
I dont need to know you.. It's just your opinion against mine in a public forum. Btw , i wasn't taking any potshots..just thought a budding writer as yourself would pay little closer attention to spelling..or maybe would be less ignorant while referring to a very well known landmark..
Potshots: A criticism, esp. a random or unfounded one.
and the budding writer is just letting you know that your criticism was unfounded and that for saying something like that you do need to know me.
I made my stand clear. I said that something pretentious annoyed me. Your opinion about that was ""How can you say such things being an Indian" Just because I come from somewhere that does not do things right doesn't mean I cant crib about it in a foreign land. as for Tahoe, yes, my bad.
Was wondering where you guys were, you know long gap and all..glad u made it safe..i love driving in the rain, tho not in a snowstorm...we're visiting boston this weekend.. :)
Waitingt to great about your vegas trip.tho I have a feeling that won't be coming..after all, shouldn't what happens there stay there? :)
M: :) Boston must be visited when I am there! I make yumm fish things if you need an incentive :p
Yes what happens there, stays there. :p
Post a Comment