My sister is throwing one of her monumental fits of anger. She has shut herself in since morning, in fact late yesterday night and has still not come out, it being a whole 24 hours. Me? I am pretty pissed and have called her many things to mum. It annoys me terribly at the same time that she can bring out such evilly childish feelings in my again, at this age! And I cant help yelling at amma about it, cos you know, there is nothing else to do.
Typically these bouts of mood swings are handled by me. So I am familiar with how it goes, she whines and sighs about her college and lack of a life. I try and get her to focus on the fact that "its juuust two more years" which is so hard to even explain cos each time you have to do it inno-vatively. I ask her to join something, cochin isnt that bad, like swimming- which yes she went but she didnt like any of the girls, :/ story of her life since childhood. she never likes anyone!! and then, she likes dancing, so I say join this somewhat awesome decent salsa club and you will meet lot of kids who I am sure you can get along with- but, no.
I know all this requires some amount of effort and I dont know what else to say! And the worst part is I think she is becoming terribly self centered and insensitive rather to others. The kids in her class, sweet kids but obviously clearly not cool kids, they like her a lot. she yells at all of them :/ and yet they- her roommates put up with her and surprise her for her bdays and such. And the kind of things she says about them, I am just glad they will probably never hear it.
Anyway I dont even know what this anger is about, but I think something to do with me leaving and us not having done anything- like taken a trip. Now this is really not my fault, each weekends rolls in il text like a fool, lets do something V?
NO Echi, I am too tired, too many books, too many some crap. and then now very unfairly she accuses me of spending just one fun day outside!! Which is all her, we go out, she will get pissed about somefucking thing and not talk to us-me and mum, we also get grumpy and thus it ends. Our poor driver! I swear, turn here,no there, go home, NO WE ARE NOT GOING. He once parked on the side and didn't say anything till we sorted it!
So then today when June and M came, obviously I thought she would you know, show the courtesy of coming down! I just didn't imagine that she wouldn't, it was the oddest thing. I cannot just digest that she did not even open her door and this is after she came with me to Bangalore and we stayed at June's for some 2-3 days.
How does one behave like that! Even if any bad mood was happening I would never pull something like this. Even when I am really super angry I def consider the crowd and place.. I dont get it. I kind of blame Amma, her being so all indebted to V for doing this medicine thing as per her wish and so apparently we must not nettle her. :/ So mad!
And then I am sitting her seething, not planning to blog but then suddenly facebook shows me some update and V, is tagged in some photo and I go looking and I see her in her white coat and sthethescope in a picture with some girls, I guess she did not know it was being clicked and her face, is so sad. One of those looking far away sadly faces...It just makes me not not mad. There ends my anger.
Typically these bouts of mood swings are handled by me. So I am familiar with how it goes, she whines and sighs about her college and lack of a life. I try and get her to focus on the fact that "its juuust two more years" which is so hard to even explain cos each time you have to do it inno-vatively. I ask her to join something, cochin isnt that bad, like swimming- which yes she went but she didnt like any of the girls, :/ story of her life since childhood. she never likes anyone!! and then, she likes dancing, so I say join this somewhat awesome decent salsa club and you will meet lot of kids who I am sure you can get along with- but, no.
I know all this requires some amount of effort and I dont know what else to say! And the worst part is I think she is becoming terribly self centered and insensitive rather to others. The kids in her class, sweet kids but obviously clearly not cool kids, they like her a lot. she yells at all of them :/ and yet they- her roommates put up with her and surprise her for her bdays and such. And the kind of things she says about them, I am just glad they will probably never hear it.
Anyway I dont even know what this anger is about, but I think something to do with me leaving and us not having done anything- like taken a trip. Now this is really not my fault, each weekends rolls in il text like a fool, lets do something V?
NO Echi, I am too tired, too many books, too many some crap. and then now very unfairly she accuses me of spending just one fun day outside!! Which is all her, we go out, she will get pissed about somefucking thing and not talk to us-me and mum, we also get grumpy and thus it ends. Our poor driver! I swear, turn here,no there, go home, NO WE ARE NOT GOING. He once parked on the side and didn't say anything till we sorted it!
So then today when June and M came, obviously I thought she would you know, show the courtesy of coming down! I just didn't imagine that she wouldn't, it was the oddest thing. I cannot just digest that she did not even open her door and this is after she came with me to Bangalore and we stayed at June's for some 2-3 days.
How does one behave like that! Even if any bad mood was happening I would never pull something like this. Even when I am really super angry I def consider the crowd and place.. I dont get it. I kind of blame Amma, her being so all indebted to V for doing this medicine thing as per her wish and so apparently we must not nettle her. :/ So mad!
And then I am sitting her seething, not planning to blog but then suddenly facebook shows me some update and V, is tagged in some photo and I go looking and I see her in her white coat and sthethescope in a picture with some girls, I guess she did not know it was being clicked and her face, is so sad. One of those looking far away sadly faces...It just makes me not not mad. There ends my anger.
4 comments:
Maybe the anger is about something else. Like you said, about the medicine thing or maybe a boy or a tiff with a close friend or something? You know how these things can manifest themselves differently if one doesn't know what to do or something. Hope you sort it out before you leave!
You're still in India? That explains why wine glass hasnt shrunk!
Yes, just got back couple of days back and DONE! :)
CD: We did sort it out, I did rather. :/
Post a Comment