Boi and I celebrated two years on christmas at my place with my housemate. We cooked a Moroccan baked chicken- Picture if I remember later.
My housemate got us gifts too! Which was so endearing and also a little embarrassing because I hate being surprised like that and I also feel odd if we are receiving gifts with nothing to return but I have to say her gifts were so thoughtful. I had once mentioned long back how much I loved those danish biscuits that come in these dab bas, which my uncle in the dufai used to bring and how lakshmi chichi would ration it out as biscuit, one day for one kid. and she got me silk warmers. They are so comfy, cosy, warmness and she got Anoop a sweatshirt. I consoled myself with the fact that I had remembered her bday and gotten her a Boston Cream Pie. I thought when I got the cake that we would sing or at least light a candle. But umm she was excited that she straight a way cut it up and her weird friend who I do not like was home, so I didn't know what to do.
Boi left today after three weeks of togetherness, happiness, eatingness etc. I miss him terribly. We were driving him to the Airport and I was so tempted to go to Bloomington with him. Go run and get a ticket, I had clothes and brush and panties and boots. what more do I need? But I didn't. I haven't got an ounce of work done. not even looked at any of the documents I have half-assedly saved with titles I think are fancy. I have also got teaching coming up and so far I have only 7kids registered. I hope I don't scare these kids away. I bought some lovely sweaters and a pair of cheap boots. I ate so much and my weight is a solid 142 pounds. :/ I am looking at pictures from the holiday and wishing I had gone off with him. Our Anniv gifts for each other were simple and sweet. He got me a membership to the Coolidge Corner theatre which is so awesome because now I can see these movies for 6$ and I got him a school bag cum gym bag. It had this red cross thing on it and I had a dumb moment where I thought it was from red cross. :/ But noo, it was Swiss something. My gift was a cool gift too, then.
We spent the new years with this delicious Mutton Biriyani cooked by aunt and watched the ball drop and then slept at a respectable hour. Yes. Fun times- no seriously, no sarcasm there. The week from then was a cook-off sorts. I made chill chicken and egg fried rice, uncle made a duck and sausage casserole, A made a thai beef curry and mushroom something, aunty made other assorted things. wine, and cranberry vodkas and uncle got me a pack of Lucky Strikes from his Germany trip. Heh, that was a good moment. I sort of think of them as my in-laws, since I end up talking and seeing them more, and it was kind of funny to think of my father in law getting me smokes. :)
The house is empty. E is playing music somewhere up. AB has gone off to work. I have a movie to watch and a book to read. I have a story to write and a syllabus to plan. and as first step towards hard hard work, I have taken myself off FB for I think the gajjilionth time. Tonight I will probably open the draft one and read. Depressing even thinking about it. One should not be given holidays during grad school. one does not utilize them well.
My housemate got us gifts too! Which was so endearing and also a little embarrassing because I hate being surprised like that and I also feel odd if we are receiving gifts with nothing to return but I have to say her gifts were so thoughtful. I had once mentioned long back how much I loved those danish biscuits that come in these dab bas, which my uncle in the dufai used to bring and how lakshmi chichi would ration it out as biscuit, one day for one kid. and she got me silk warmers. They are so comfy, cosy, warmness and she got Anoop a sweatshirt. I consoled myself with the fact that I had remembered her bday and gotten her a Boston Cream Pie. I thought when I got the cake that we would sing or at least light a candle. But umm she was excited that she straight a way cut it up and her weird friend who I do not like was home, so I didn't know what to do.
Boi left today after three weeks of togetherness, happiness, eatingness etc. I miss him terribly. We were driving him to the Airport and I was so tempted to go to Bloomington with him. Go run and get a ticket, I had clothes and brush and panties and boots. what more do I need? But I didn't. I haven't got an ounce of work done. not even looked at any of the documents I have half-assedly saved with titles I think are fancy. I have also got teaching coming up and so far I have only 7kids registered. I hope I don't scare these kids away. I bought some lovely sweaters and a pair of cheap boots. I ate so much and my weight is a solid 142 pounds. :/ I am looking at pictures from the holiday and wishing I had gone off with him. Our Anniv gifts for each other were simple and sweet. He got me a membership to the Coolidge Corner theatre which is so awesome because now I can see these movies for 6$ and I got him a school bag cum gym bag. It had this red cross thing on it and I had a dumb moment where I thought it was from red cross. :/ But noo, it was Swiss something. My gift was a cool gift too, then.
We spent the new years with this delicious Mutton Biriyani cooked by aunt and watched the ball drop and then slept at a respectable hour. Yes. Fun times- no seriously, no sarcasm there. The week from then was a cook-off sorts. I made chill chicken and egg fried rice, uncle made a duck and sausage casserole, A made a thai beef curry and mushroom something, aunty made other assorted things. wine, and cranberry vodkas and uncle got me a pack of Lucky Strikes from his Germany trip. Heh, that was a good moment. I sort of think of them as my in-laws, since I end up talking and seeing them more, and it was kind of funny to think of my father in law getting me smokes. :)
The house is empty. E is playing music somewhere up. AB has gone off to work. I have a movie to watch and a book to read. I have a story to write and a syllabus to plan. and as first step towards hard hard work, I have taken myself off FB for I think the gajjilionth time. Tonight I will probably open the draft one and read. Depressing even thinking about it. One should not be given holidays during grad school. one does not utilize them well.
No comments:
Post a Comment