Sunday, February 24, 2013

Istanbul

So I am in Istanbul, right? :D Yeah I am! Its quite cold and wet but sun shiny too, so all in all not too bad. My parents were here for a few days and now that they are gone- although I miss them- its kind of nice to get lost on my own. Speaking of parents. You know its one thing to realize that your parents are getting older, shrinking etc but it is another to actually watch the effects in action. I felt so bad for them at a point! When I was about to book my tickets after much painful contemplation if it will be too cold, where to stay, should I go in May, should I go somewhere else, blah blah, they come to me and are like: we will also come. I was like: oh, hmm,okay, why? They were like: we want to. :/ Then they are like: we heard there are mafias in Istambul. I am like ah I see! :) I tried leveling with them the best I could. I was okay with Amma coming but I didn't  tbh, want Achan along. Is that mean? It probably is. Mainly because we end up in disagreement all the goddamn time and that is really not what I want to do here. But then he was like, Amma only? Not me? Anyhow! So here they were! And to give them credit-- they were super. In braving the cold and walking around with me everywhere. I had to catch myself from being impatient with them at the train stations, at ferry docks, at general road crossing. At one point I had crossed already and when I looked back they were holding hands and peering left and right at the traffic and it was just, well, sad! So I decided to be as wonderfully nice as I could in explaining things and GENERAL PATIENCE! We all had fun I think. Although surprisingly Achan was more curious on the whole, more energetic and more adjusting than Amma.
They were both full of grievances and whining though! About the flies, about the service or lack of in busy cafes till I was like; okay, you need to stop, because you are ruining my day! Then they were cool. If anything I think this trip has shown them how dependent they are going to be on each other and for that I am thankful.

Anyway now on my own and a week left, I have enough plans and places to do and visit. Ideally I want to go to Bodrum and Troya too but I am might just run out of money and so will probably have to do with just Istanbul. I mean there is enough to do here, but still! I have made my own food tour list so there is that and the Museums! Pamuk#s Museum of Innocence too!
I am so super grateful for excellent public transportation which I have more or less figured out. I miss A though. More than missing I am angry at him for not being here. :(
I was going to blog everyday here but then I started writing down every day stuff in a book and then it occurred to me that if I wrote diligently I could give it to A to read and so I am doing that at the end of every day now! And I think because he doesn't read the blog anymore, it could be a surprise! All right more later.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can u share some photo on your looks to İstanbul please :)