So finally I gave in and got rid of the tresses. It kind of all happened very fast. On Friday Mr. A and I decided to walk down to China town for some dinner and before that we were discussing should I shouldn't I? While in theory I understand that my hairs are all my bizness somehow I end up feeling like A's opinion should be sought. And he was leaning toward kinda short but still enough to tie up sorts of a hair cut while I wanted all out. Then he was like, well, if you keep talking about it won't happen so just do it. Anyway while in Chinatown I sat down on this small square rock thing to yelp a place and looking to the sides saw Head Quarters which was somehow very cute a name. I had a racist moment which I must admit to where I said, do you think I should let an asian place cut my hair! I don't know where the fuckity fuck it came from but as soon as I said it, I looked up and A said, well, that's just racist!
Inside when I showed them the style as expected they said, oh, you will cry after it. I said, no, I wont cry. So they called their hair stylist, this hot lady who looked at the picture and said, ooh! I asked, so what do you think, will it suit me? And she said, well, I like my ladies, how do I say it? Sexy with long hair! I was like uh, well. She was quite charming and sweet. A bunch of people crowded outside the window to watch! I turned around and there they were all cringing as she chopped this big chunk off. Stupidly I hadn't thought it through so when she put the electric razor to my head, it was like, whoa! what are you doing! But obviously it needed to be shaved off. I couldn't look at the mirror so I kept trying to catch A's face and he was so sweetly smiling from the corner-it helped- Then I tried focusing on the whole- it's just hair, something that grows back, why do I even feel this loss-like feeling, how so much of it is conditioned into our thoughts-no pun intended- and so on. Then I felt allright. It was so good to have someone wash my motta -thalai. :)
And I have to say while its still a oh-man moment in that few seconds when I wake up and brush and look in the mirror, on the whole it feels so good. Seriously a burden off the shoulder feeling. And I don't look too bad, I shall add.
Inside when I showed them the style as expected they said, oh, you will cry after it. I said, no, I wont cry. So they called their hair stylist, this hot lady who looked at the picture and said, ooh! I asked, so what do you think, will it suit me? And she said, well, I like my ladies, how do I say it? Sexy with long hair! I was like uh, well. She was quite charming and sweet. A bunch of people crowded outside the window to watch! I turned around and there they were all cringing as she chopped this big chunk off. Stupidly I hadn't thought it through so when she put the electric razor to my head, it was like, whoa! what are you doing! But obviously it needed to be shaved off. I couldn't look at the mirror so I kept trying to catch A's face and he was so sweetly smiling from the corner-it helped- Then I tried focusing on the whole- it's just hair, something that grows back, why do I even feel this loss-like feeling, how so much of it is conditioned into our thoughts-no pun intended- and so on. Then I felt allright. It was so good to have someone wash my motta -thalai. :)
And I have to say while its still a oh-man moment in that few seconds when I wake up and brush and look in the mirror, on the whole it feels so good. Seriously a burden off the shoulder feeling. And I don't look too bad, I shall add.
3 comments:
No you dont :)
Join the gang! Though I have realised the problem with the very short hair is that you have to go in for regular pruning. Now my hair is in the growing out stage and ugh.
:)
Yeah, the lady if I wanted to make a follow up appnmt but I figure il wait to see what happens with it!
Post a Comment