Tips mostly for the self. Perhaps notes to self?
So basically never ever think of naps. Naps you once took, naps where you woke up feeling glorious, post Sunday lunch naps. Any kind. Cos you will never nap. Or like my friend says, you will, once she leaves your house.
I got so grumpy thinking of naps and I just couldn't work myself out of it so A let me have one on Sunday and it just wasn't the same. So I won't till I really can have one.
You always hear her cry esp while you are in the shower. You will open the panel repeatedly to check. Is she crying? now is she crying?
Same goes for night time- but that goes without saying I suppose.
Somehow holding a book and reading is difficult but on kindle not too bad. Why? Not sure. Same goes for New Yorker or any other magazine. Download all the damned apps.
Its not so bad. Of course I am a book-snob but for now let's settle.
You will put on weight. Almost all of you. Uhuh. Breast feeding doesn't make you lose weight. Okay maybe just me then, but really, no. In fact it feels like I have put on some.
You will begin to enjoy the bf bond but find that you are running low on supply. Its ok. Don't worry yourself to death about immunity, ear infections etc. Your baby will be fine.
Enjoy the little one without worrying about job, green card, anything else. She will never be this tiny again.
Its okay to get really annoyed at two in the night when she is wide eyed and ready to play. Just..try not to snap.
Try to do fun things. Like what? For now settle for walks to the park. A good soak in the tub. Eating at a new place. A new movie at Redbox. Slowly getting through your book. Meet friends.
Okay in light of that next post here wont be baby related.
Talk to your mum every now and then. She somehow will make you feel okay and comforted.
So basically never ever think of naps. Naps you once took, naps where you woke up feeling glorious, post Sunday lunch naps. Any kind. Cos you will never nap. Or like my friend says, you will, once she leaves your house.
I got so grumpy thinking of naps and I just couldn't work myself out of it so A let me have one on Sunday and it just wasn't the same. So I won't till I really can have one.
You always hear her cry esp while you are in the shower. You will open the panel repeatedly to check. Is she crying? now is she crying?
Same goes for night time- but that goes without saying I suppose.
Somehow holding a book and reading is difficult but on kindle not too bad. Why? Not sure. Same goes for New Yorker or any other magazine. Download all the damned apps.
Its not so bad. Of course I am a book-snob but for now let's settle.
You will put on weight. Almost all of you. Uhuh. Breast feeding doesn't make you lose weight. Okay maybe just me then, but really, no. In fact it feels like I have put on some.
You will begin to enjoy the bf bond but find that you are running low on supply. Its ok. Don't worry yourself to death about immunity, ear infections etc. Your baby will be fine.
Enjoy the little one without worrying about job, green card, anything else. She will never be this tiny again.
Its okay to get really annoyed at two in the night when she is wide eyed and ready to play. Just..try not to snap.
Try to do fun things. Like what? For now settle for walks to the park. A good soak in the tub. Eating at a new place. A new movie at Redbox. Slowly getting through your book. Meet friends.
Okay in light of that next post here wont be baby related.
Talk to your mum every now and then. She somehow will make you feel okay and comforted.
2 comments:
Hang in there hang in there.
Naps will happen. Um, only when the kid is about one and a half though. I'm spoiled because I have helpers, but my sis in the states does get to nap. So there is hope...only, um, it seems kind of far off for you, but not that far off.
Yep, with you on the always hear them crying. Which is why napping is so hard for the mum when the baby is little. But even when they baby is older, if they're ill or whatever. Like I've woken up every two hours last night and I have a helper sleeping with the kid. But I can hear her crying through my deepest sleep in a way the husband can't. Bah.
one and a half...:D whatay long journey it seems although when it rolls around I am sure it will be like whoa! she is one!
Post a Comment