This makes it week 8 of quarantine living. Now there is a routine, everyone knows what their role is and everyone is allowed their meltdowns without cause. V, especially, is allowed.
I dont think I ever really thought PMS could be a problem I would have but the last few times bursting into tears for no reason has me thinking otherwise.
Some things have been helpful- like the writing group. Being able to focus on other people's writing and providing comments even though my own submissions have been dismal.
Back in March some of the girls were going to come down for my birthday and it was going to be this thing we all looked forward to. Even a few days before March 16 it felt like it would happen. How fast it all changed and before we knew it flights were cancelled, our staycation was cancelled, our family vacation was the next to go and school was gone and we are all in each others way. This part feels surreal.
In March I also started a new position but was asked to help out with the previous one until May. May is here and I am still doing 2 jobs with no end in sight. Every day I try to think of this as a "blessing". My friends have lost jobs, have had pay cuts, so that drives home further how much I need to consider this a "blessing". Okay.
We found a house, the kind of house that needs small upgrades. I found tiles I would like to put in, colors Id like to paint. The house would be ours contigent on our current place selling. There seems to be no way that this house would sell now. Tiling the staircase risers will have to wait.
So much of life is now in waiting. But isnt it always? This is something A and I used to debate over. He doesnt ever think of life that way. He thinks it should be lived in the now. Whatever that means. For me though its always about waiting for the next thing, the next book, the next show, the next meeting, the next trip. Its always about planning and waiting.
I dont think I ever really thought PMS could be a problem I would have but the last few times bursting into tears for no reason has me thinking otherwise.
Some things have been helpful- like the writing group. Being able to focus on other people's writing and providing comments even though my own submissions have been dismal.
Back in March some of the girls were going to come down for my birthday and it was going to be this thing we all looked forward to. Even a few days before March 16 it felt like it would happen. How fast it all changed and before we knew it flights were cancelled, our staycation was cancelled, our family vacation was the next to go and school was gone and we are all in each others way. This part feels surreal.
In March I also started a new position but was asked to help out with the previous one until May. May is here and I am still doing 2 jobs with no end in sight. Every day I try to think of this as a "blessing". My friends have lost jobs, have had pay cuts, so that drives home further how much I need to consider this a "blessing". Okay.
We found a house, the kind of house that needs small upgrades. I found tiles I would like to put in, colors Id like to paint. The house would be ours contigent on our current place selling. There seems to be no way that this house would sell now. Tiling the staircase risers will have to wait.
So much of life is now in waiting. But isnt it always? This is something A and I used to debate over. He doesnt ever think of life that way. He thinks it should be lived in the now. Whatever that means. For me though its always about waiting for the next thing, the next book, the next show, the next meeting, the next trip. Its always about planning and waiting.
No comments:
Post a Comment