Monday, March 21, 2011

Small World and all that

When i first visited bangalore ages ago, i was staying with my cousin then who i liked a lot.But who was kinda a little on the prim-er side of things. But i liked her anyway.We would go out on her kinetic and i would inevitably run into someone from cochin! Everytime. It was kinda wonderful when you liked the person but when you were really trying to escape the creeps and jerks, yeah not so much then. I remember thinking there is like a mini cochin in blore each summer!

But in the amerigas when you run into a fellow malayalee, there is nothing like it. Or maybe its just me. I just cannot contain my excitement.It probably gives them crazy woman-run-vibes but i am just so curios where they are from and just in case one of them says cochin. Well there. I love them already.

So it was like that when Jyothi left a comment on my blog and i went looking in hers and discovered her to be a malayalee in the amerigas. So obviously i ping her and all and we add each other on Google tawk.

We are chatting
Cochin?
yes.
Oh me too!

There is visible happiness in the air for me. I am sad i am not in NJ now. when i get along with someone i always want to be where they are. plus NJ has an amazing Kerala restaurant. You know where my loyalties are. Anyway as chatting goes on

J: Where do you stay
Me: "x" place
J: what! me too!
Me :oh!!!

Basically it turns out that she lives like 5mins away from me. what the game the universe is playing? we ask
We have seen the same guy, you know, the guy who sells pazham pori's at the junction. That is big. Really.

we have quite similar backgrounds and she loves the same movies and all. After a while she wonders out aloud if someone is playing a practical joke on her.
Me, who had till then  been happily chugging along saying how wonderful the universe is, stops to think this new practical joke angle. and then we chat some more to make sure the other person really really exists :)

Much fun.

and then obviously we confirm it through facebook. No that was just an exaggeration. :p I did believe you Jyothi!

So anyway i love when these things happen. Esp when i totally get along with the person. So everyone, Jyothi.
Jyothi, everyone.



5 comments:

Carpe Diem! said...

heh! You are so adorable! I wish I was a Malyalee in "the amerigas" ;)

The Pixy Princess said...

Hello Jyothi! *waves*

Jyothi said...

Hey! You raced me to it! :) And you captured the thrill perfectly! :)

Why, oh, WHY couldn't you be in NJ? (I'm already planning a trip to Indiana, btw, so, beware!)

And Pixie Princess, here's a "hi!" back! :)

Madhavan said...

Oh yes..you should come to nj..am a malayali with an added incentive of the st.alberts badge :)

Heathcliffs Girl said...

Cd: :p Camon i say!
PP: ;)

Jyothi: :) Trip to Indiana, yes. I show you our lil Bloomington which i quite like actually!

M: :) Yes you are def in my pro's sheet :p Well i mean ammukutty is! heh