Tuesday, September 20, 2011

All right.

So the first bout of tears have come and so have the words. It went really so so bad. Like dig a hole, bury my head, never come up bad. The thing is when it was all happening, I didnt feel the slightest anger/ sadness/ irritation at the critiquing. I only thought it useful, as in, how did I miss this and that and that. Oh that's a good point. so on. Though among 11 opinions, I can only probably use LE's and another guys sort of brilliant suggestion.
Lack of clarity in sentences, grammar, punctuation are as always screwing me up.

Next,
This is sort of cheap of me, but what no one needs to know there. I hate it that there is another Indian girl. I hate it. Her ideas per se are at best mediocre but her writing is brilliant and this doesn't need to bother me but it does. I want her not to be there, with her middle class Indian mother father brother stories and then LE going how marvelous middle class stories are. PAH.

I am feeling little stuck, out of breath sorts. Obviously I knew the pressures. How much work. I have had barely enough time to register and understand the last comments and now in a week and five days I have another submission and then the next week, one more. There is a small gap after that.

Another thing. I feel very under read. When someone asks me favorite authors I blink. Because I genuinely forget. and then stupidly only Munroe and Carver come to mind. I must write this shit down.

and lastly. In the larger scheme of things and some weird personal one's I have to make this blog place a private place. Yes I do. So if you all who bother coming here could just send me your email id's I would be happy to invite y'all. I will leave it like this for a week or so.

Ps: I have lost weight, the tee shirt that once clung and clung is hanging loose. That is the only good news. oh and that I have taken myself off Facebook. THAT is the extent to which I am being driven. FB used to be such entertainment, time consuming of course. Still. All those mom's with their babies pictures with titles. Haha. I know I would do the same, though it probably annoys a lot of people and the creepy girl with her " me and hubby patting a lion in mauritius" Haha.
Damn I will miss Fb.

S




3 comments:

The Bride said...

Criticism is always hard, no matter how logical we try to be about it. That's why famous actors say they don't read reviews. I admire your honesty about the other Indian girl - it's interesting how this happens to minorities, feeling like there's only space for one of you.

Nefertiti said...

I think middle-class father mother brother stories are fascinating...

You know my email id, so plz add me to the list of privileged people with access...

and going off FB is the biggest favor you can do to urself esp with the wedding season coming up. stay off forever...

Heathcliffs Girl said...

N, that is exactly the problem, like Bride said, there is no place, i feel, for too many of us middle class ers. :/ cos thats pretty much what I write too.
Bride: :) yeah I didnt think I would feel this nastily toward her. :/