Monday, September 26, 2011

Just us folks.

One of the reasons for this change is fairly lame but let me attempt to explain.

Saturday's the boi calls everyone back home and on Sunday I do. So I get to hear all the news one more time, which I kind of like. No, that was just some random information.

So I am talking to amma and she asks me about my cousin here with whom I disagree on pretty much everything. She loves being the sati-savitri wife types and will proceed to tell you during any conversation how important it is that as married wives, we do the RIGHT fucking thing. Which I am not even sure means what. Now this might give you an idea of her physical looks, like some oiled mungy but no, she is very stylish, will walk the walk and everything but the talk. yeah, there is where I have to disagree.

 For her, we must always bite down our thoughts and screams- if any and just bear it. :/ We must respect the people who insult us-because we are better than them. Not me, no thank you.

I will go with respect has to be earned and then returned. Now you would think, just maybe that her heart is of gold and she thinks all this from the goodness of that said heart, nope, nope, wrong again. she abuses like a fisherwoman and knows some of the best therris that exists in the malayalam dictionary but ONLY me and her mum-secretly of course gets to see that.

You see where I am going with this? Double faced swords, so hard for me to handle. Even just pretending to be nice to someone I inherently dislike swaps the life out of me. I have no idea how she does it. Anyway, so my amma tells me the reason she might have been acting funny since a while is probably because she reads your blog! what a thought, amma, I say, its an anon blog, HG could be any random girl under the sun. But no, amma gives some compelling reasons and I panic.

The thing is though I think she is so lame, I dont want to hurt her feelings or anything. Plus she loves EVIL gmom. and I have to got to vent about that sometimes. So all in all, amma says, why dont you blog all that nansense in private. I had to agree especially since I have to diss so many people now in the program also. 

Speaking of which, I had a fun weekend. A girl from the class and I went to the Museum of Fine arts here, free for students and Bank of America card holders. :/ I immediately discovered the ancient egyptian section and you couldnt have dragged me from there. I saw just three rooms of that section in two hours. There was a sarcophagus of a queen whose name is too long for me to write here.! A real sarcophagus!! Ha.

The korean girl, she on the other hand, saw everything. Haha. She is pretty adorable though. 

Here is something I dislike about some of the people from the program, not this girl though. They will go : Have you read this blah blah book by blah blah someone? and you will go: NO. and they will say: WHAT! ( like that in caps) 

I mean seriously, there are just way too many books out there. All right? You yourself will say NO a thousand times, if I make a list and bring it and read it and ask you like that. You haven't read THIS? But because I have a faulty memory and I am fairly nice dont go all, you ignorant peasant looks on me. :/

Another thing is, its a room filled with people who love the sound of their own voices. Except me and another guy. :( I would rather not talk but I know that isn't possible. In LE s class I have to contribute, which is fine but with Sigrid, she herself has so many things to say and analyse and information and so much this and that, that I think, why, why I must say anything. I mean nothing I say will count much and why intervene with something inconsequential when she is making such a good point. Most people agree with me, but this one guy who LOOOUWS analyzing every single line, doesn't. 

I have just finished writing something, which I am pretty proud of, that itself is so rare. Which is not a good thing because that will hurt more. In other cases you are submitting, feeling a little detached. But in this case you are doing so with a heart that says, this will redeem me in his eyes. This shouldn't be about HIM. Omg, when am I going to get that.

I have to go.



1 comment:

tumunathan said...

Ah the faulty memory. So many books re-read, so many a movie watched again. But then, you bump into someone who starts making conversation and you nod away, thinking hard and trying to place that face.