Sunday, October 9, 2011

Job two

So I have some free time coming up. Yeah, free time, time free. When I said that in class, someone said what is that thing that you speak of, it sounds vaguely familiar. Of course this person is overloaded with work, he is teaching this sem, taking two lit course etc. etc. I have spread it across which means I will be stuck here during summer. Stuck is used here in a good way.

So free time, yes which means I am thinking of going off to New York. Its about 3 hours by bus. I also found this bus stiuation where sometimes they give away tickets for like a $1 as promos. But otherwise too its fairly cheap around 15$. So well its a plan. Now to fund this plan I need some money and just then I got a job.

Its the jewish holiday time coming up and the job is dinner-prep, 'light cleaning' at this woman's house. It pays well and so I went off to see her. The house was a royal mess but she has three kids so..
But I am beginning to think this is how most houses are kept! Outwardly fancy and destruction inside. So the lady was pretty nice. Its a festival where they have to be outdoors when they have the feast so they have built this tent in their backyard and they have hung all kinds of lights and lanterns around. Then she showed me her pantry! I cannot tell you what is happening there because its colossal! Its stocked with so much food to feed an army and some.
So during the feast they cant use electricity. so she tells me- if I say oh I think I need to switch on another burner, then you know what to do.
I am to switch on the burner! lights. dishwasher. :/ How much more odd can it get.

Anyhow so next Wednesday after class I will be dead but I will have also submitted story3 and I need just one more for this semester. So I have agreed to go after class.

I have brought 9 new books. I will post titles soon. I have a new story that I quite like. I have been re writing it so much that it looks so different from its original state. But its still not enough. Someone in class writes like hundred drafts. Hundred, with all kinds of permutations and combinations for the characters. she gives the lover cancer and then the lover's wife craziness and their son autism. I wasn't sure if that is how I want to take things forward. I mean I go with a fixed idea. Maybe that is what is wrong. I will know better next week because two stories of mine are being work-shopped Mon and Wednesday.

Later then.

No comments: