Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sorting things

Who thought I would love Tofu?
Who thought I would love long lectures, which I attend, even though I dont need to.
Who thought I would walk the whole circle of a pond that takes about a good one hour
Who thought I would write better, much better in a month
Who thought I would be proud of this achievement
Who thought I would admit to myself  and then say in a small voice out in public- I am a writer,yup, that is right without being apologetic about it.
Who thought despite meeting more and more people I would still crave only my best friend's company when I really need to talk!
Who thought people would find me. let me emphasize me funny
Who thought my odd jobs would now take me to being someone's dinner party food- prep- help
Who thought I would figure out directions in a city and go see things all by myself
Who thought I wouldnt be too scared coming home late slightly tipsy but still having had a wonderful evening in a social situation
Who thought I would discover all these new things about writing
Who thought I would learn to value my mother more without her having to say anything, without her even saying a word about her sacrifices
Who thought I would have the one man willing to spend his precious time helping me out
Who thought I would read articles about writers and yet be able to say no, I dont think that is quite right
Who thought I would be able to keep up with all this.


1 comment:

Bird said...

I know one person who didn't. You.