Now that all that workshop craziness is over, I AM ALL ON MY OWN. It's almost like a withdrawal symptom, although I don't know what that would be like, but let me just make the analogy. So now after finishing a chapter, all I can think is: Who must I somehow coax into reading this. It's so strange this dependence and I try telling myself- look at all the people who DID finish their novels before MFA programs were invented. It isn't enough to tell this once, but I have to repeatedly force myself into thinking this.
So I make A and P read. The only problem with this is, while I am indifferent/ open to criticism from classmates and the likes, anytime these two say anything less than--That's good-- I get all worked up. :/ Obviously I shouldn't, BUT I DO.
Also everyone I know is writing a novel. Why wouldn't they? I recently read this article--http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/amims/2012/07/et-tu-nemesis/
I forgot how to make the link a single word magic thing. So anyway I have a lot of feelings about this both pro and cons but am I glad that I never got this far. As in any problem I have is all within me and about me, and never projected on any person or outward issues.
Anyway as of now I have 50 pages! And I just keep editing these 50, refusing to move forward. because most times I am like --What the hell is wrong with these characters.
Okay then.
So I make A and P read. The only problem with this is, while I am indifferent/ open to criticism from classmates and the likes, anytime these two say anything less than--That's good-- I get all worked up. :/ Obviously I shouldn't, BUT I DO.
Also everyone I know is writing a novel. Why wouldn't they? I recently read this article--http://www.thenervousbreakdown.com/amims/2012/07/et-tu-nemesis/
I forgot how to make the link a single word magic thing. So anyway I have a lot of feelings about this both pro and cons but am I glad that I never got this far. As in any problem I have is all within me and about me, and never projected on any person or outward issues.
Anyway as of now I have 50 pages! And I just keep editing these 50, refusing to move forward. because most times I am like --What the hell is wrong with these characters.
Okay then.
No comments:
Post a Comment