Sooo. I had to have a talk with my Amma about not bugging my sister! It was most painful and surprisingly didn't turn in to a fight--which is only because I think she recognized that I wasn't being unfair. Amma basically doesn't have anything to do which in turn means she has taken over V's life which means V is losing her mind which means texts screaming ' I can't do it anymore' which means helpless me which means overall sadness.
So I said all the right things and Amma thankfully didn't say the usual sentimental lines which serves no purpose to V but manages to trick me into feeling guilty.
For e.g her response on any given day is : I know, I know, I have no shame, bothering you both like this when you have abused me so much. Still I come as though asking for more.
to which I say: are you auditioning for some Tamil movie? lines sure sound like it
Her: you will laugh now, but when I am dead...
Aha.
This dead clause is such a mother trick which I think I am the only one who falls for.
So now I am dreading the upcoming home trip. She has nothing to take care for me now so she has this thorough not exactly new (except in the earnestness) interest in my health which no matter how many times I tell her, she won't believe is fine.
So she said, bring your health documents from the surgery. To which I said, yes. Knowing very well I have no such documents. What document? They took the appendix and now I am fine. But she says that pain during period could be this. I don't even know how to respond.
Then there is the whole don't lift weights in the airport. Let A do it. Because women's disks slip easier. God. Amma needs to stop watching the afternoon doctor show on those channels!
Although I am being patient on the phone with all this, in person I am most definitely less kind. And while I enjoy moments of periodic disease panic I hate it when someone else wants to be part of it!! Let me obsess alone!!
I am kind of, sadly, dreading the vacation.
So I said all the right things and Amma thankfully didn't say the usual sentimental lines which serves no purpose to V but manages to trick me into feeling guilty.
For e.g her response on any given day is : I know, I know, I have no shame, bothering you both like this when you have abused me so much. Still I come as though asking for more.
to which I say: are you auditioning for some Tamil movie? lines sure sound like it
Her: you will laugh now, but when I am dead...
Aha.
This dead clause is such a mother trick which I think I am the only one who falls for.
So now I am dreading the upcoming home trip. She has nothing to take care for me now so she has this thorough not exactly new (except in the earnestness) interest in my health which no matter how many times I tell her, she won't believe is fine.
So she said, bring your health documents from the surgery. To which I said, yes. Knowing very well I have no such documents. What document? They took the appendix and now I am fine. But she says that pain during period could be this. I don't even know how to respond.
Then there is the whole don't lift weights in the airport. Let A do it. Because women's disks slip easier. God. Amma needs to stop watching the afternoon doctor show on those channels!
Although I am being patient on the phone with all this, in person I am most definitely less kind. And while I enjoy moments of periodic disease panic I hate it when someone else wants to be part of it!! Let me obsess alone!!
I am kind of, sadly, dreading the vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment