Monday, October 22, 2012

Womp

One of the things I hate about small cities is their take on Chinese food! Like for real, Beef and Broccoli doesn't count! I always visit Chinatown whenever we go anywhere and we always end up having some of the best chinese food possible. In New York we found Korea town and boy! It was hell of a wait but absolutely worth it. Small little place, buzzing with food and noise and minor accidents. Someone got confused and brought me something to do with an egg in a bowl which I hadn't ordered and the waiter said, oh well, on the house. See me grinning?

Boston too had one of the best China Town areas. There was this cafe called The Gourmet Dumpling House next to Eldo's cakes! There must have been approx ten tables and many a time I coulnt find anyone to go with me and I was craving their beef and peppers and fish stew and so I would arrive alone and be seated at a table of four with random folks. Once a guy started talking to me and upon asking what I was doing proceeded to tell me his life story punctuated frequently with: I have lived THE LIFE. And he insisted I try his dumpling soup.

So in Bloomington I hate the chinese food with much passion and I refuse to go. So the other day we were hungry and so we ended up going to this Korean place. Korean places are definitely better and usually home run so delicious food. And we found that this place had many of my favorite dishes. Grilled whole fish with soy bean paste soup which usually uses Mackarel but the lady said they use Yellow Croaker. I wasn't sure what it was, but A seemed willing to try and we ordered two other dishes that were so extremely flavorful and the chicken in it breaking off the bone with just a tiny nudge!
The Yellow Croaker as it turned out was fabulous.

5STARS for Cafe Dami.


No comments: