So hospital. I have a pretty nice obgyn. I prefer slightly reserved doctors who aren't too friendly or too bright/ optimistic and I got one! I feel quite comfy with her; I can ask all my questions without too much embarrassment and when she has to put me down she does so without really hurting my MANY feelings. And yesterday after some gazillion questions I concluded with, so could I have a copy of the reports because I like knowing all the numbers and stuff. And she said, yeah, yeah you do. You are a worry wart.
Looks like we understand each other perfectly well.
Also now whenever the nurse or technician steps outside with that notepad and looks into it, looks doubtful, looks around the room, looks into the pad again, yeah, then I know its my turn because no one can pronounce my name and somehow they all seem shy of announcing my name wrong to a room full of pregnant women. This is good though, I just automatically stand up and walk over and they look relieved that they didn't have to actually say it out loud.
The other thing I really like is having the same co-ordinator and nurse every time. The nurse is married to an Indian so likes having these little chats with me about food and temples and pujas. Seriously she is so much more religious than me. She said they fast on Thursdays and do a small puja! I was surprised I guess but didn't say anything. What is an appropriate response anyway other than wow.
Baby looks fine. Seems to have cleared the first rounds of tests. Is waving arms and legs around rather enthusiastically. I have lost another 2 pounds and they keep telling me is all fine but of course I worry. They are like, well, if you lost like 20 pounds we would be concerned. O really! I want to try and eat a little more except I don't want to. I seem to want to eat crappy junk which I never liked before like a hot dog with lots of onions and cilantro and peppers and a pastrami sandwich or a big burger- okay, that is normal- but food that I otherwise don't care about. And garlic chips!
O well.
I am so so tempted to cut my hair. Its falling like there is no tomorrow for it anyway. And everyone is like but this is the best time for hair growth! So wouldn't it be best to just cut it nice and short and beat the heat wave that is Chicago. No?
So tempted. I just might.
And lastly books. I have read so little but now that I get this raging headache with even minimal t.v and even looking at the phone, I have gone back to books again.
I wanted to write short reviews but now I am tired so maybe I will expand it later but they are all pretty good.
1. Native Son- Richard Wright.
2. Bastard out of Carolina- Dorothy Allison
3. Madame Bovary
4. The Reluctant Fundamentalist- Mohsin Hamid
5. Sunstroke and other stories- Tessa Hadley
6. Angela's Ashes, Tis- Frank Mccourt
7. Brooklyn- Colm Toibin
8. One More Year- Sana Krasikov
Okbye.
Looks like we understand each other perfectly well.
Also now whenever the nurse or technician steps outside with that notepad and looks into it, looks doubtful, looks around the room, looks into the pad again, yeah, then I know its my turn because no one can pronounce my name and somehow they all seem shy of announcing my name wrong to a room full of pregnant women. This is good though, I just automatically stand up and walk over and they look relieved that they didn't have to actually say it out loud.
The other thing I really like is having the same co-ordinator and nurse every time. The nurse is married to an Indian so likes having these little chats with me about food and temples and pujas. Seriously she is so much more religious than me. She said they fast on Thursdays and do a small puja! I was surprised I guess but didn't say anything. What is an appropriate response anyway other than wow.
Baby looks fine. Seems to have cleared the first rounds of tests. Is waving arms and legs around rather enthusiastically. I have lost another 2 pounds and they keep telling me is all fine but of course I worry. They are like, well, if you lost like 20 pounds we would be concerned. O really! I want to try and eat a little more except I don't want to. I seem to want to eat crappy junk which I never liked before like a hot dog with lots of onions and cilantro and peppers and a pastrami sandwich or a big burger- okay, that is normal- but food that I otherwise don't care about. And garlic chips!
O well.
I am so so tempted to cut my hair. Its falling like there is no tomorrow for it anyway. And everyone is like but this is the best time for hair growth! So wouldn't it be best to just cut it nice and short and beat the heat wave that is Chicago. No?
So tempted. I just might.
And lastly books. I have read so little but now that I get this raging headache with even minimal t.v and even looking at the phone, I have gone back to books again.
I wanted to write short reviews but now I am tired so maybe I will expand it later but they are all pretty good.
1. Native Son- Richard Wright.
2. Bastard out of Carolina- Dorothy Allison
3. Madame Bovary
4. The Reluctant Fundamentalist- Mohsin Hamid
5. Sunstroke and other stories- Tessa Hadley
6. Angela's Ashes, Tis- Frank Mccourt
7. Brooklyn- Colm Toibin
8. One More Year- Sana Krasikov
Okbye.
2 comments:
Ooh ooh you have to read this one:
Do chocolate lovers have sweeter babies by Jenna Pincott (okay not on your literary list, but preggie one. It is full of these quirky studies that try to answer all the weird questions we have.)
Like craving junk, there is an explanation for that. And seriously just do it now and then. Especially if you don't have weight gain to worry about. I had the opposite problem - bordering on gigantic weight which of course looked even more ginormous in HK where everyone is stick-thin - and that one actually has the worry of gestational diabetes so be happy with your minor weight loss.
Also haircut, you could save if for when baby comes and there is really no time to comb hair.I literally have boy short hair now and my office is scared I'll turn up bald one day.
The haircut -once you start thinking about it, so hard to let it go and I am being so lazy about combing it out after a shower! God knows why! I am checking the book out:nice title! :D
Post a Comment