to Dr. A please.
Thank you.
Like my sister said, finally, huh! It actually wasn't that long if you could consider how long other perfectionists take to complete their Phd's. About five years and change. Even though I couldn't go I got to google-hangout and see him for a few minutes before he turned off the camera and then it was just his voice. We had done trial runs together so I knew all the slides and the timing and initially it felt like he was going a bit fast and it would be painful if he finished before the designated one hour. But eventually he settled in. During the trials, he would get breathless and a little muddled but now here he was supremely confident and that tone- the I got this- tone that made me so proud. I just sat and beamed and cursed when Prof.s interrupted to ask questions. Then other folks questioned and that went on for a whole hour and he turned off the voice-device ( ?) too so all I could see was the slides moving. It took one hour and a few minutes before those stopped and then I spend some nervous minutes waiting for him to call and he called and we were done and whoo-hoo! Apparently he loved all the questions!
Then there was the partaay and he had a hangover the next day bad enough to not drive back till mid afternoon & he brought back my Bub's burger and we hugged and discussed it again to death.
The most surprising bit however was when his mum called me to congratulate and I said, oh thanks! And she said, well, we can only pray from here but you did the rest, supporting him and waiting.
I admit I didn't see that one coming which therefore prompted my, oh wow, thank you, that is so sweet of you response which well, resulted in uncomfortable giggles on both ends.
And that is all.
Thank you.
Like my sister said, finally, huh! It actually wasn't that long if you could consider how long other perfectionists take to complete their Phd's. About five years and change. Even though I couldn't go I got to google-hangout and see him for a few minutes before he turned off the camera and then it was just his voice. We had done trial runs together so I knew all the slides and the timing and initially it felt like he was going a bit fast and it would be painful if he finished before the designated one hour. But eventually he settled in. During the trials, he would get breathless and a little muddled but now here he was supremely confident and that tone- the I got this- tone that made me so proud. I just sat and beamed and cursed when Prof.s interrupted to ask questions. Then other folks questioned and that went on for a whole hour and he turned off the voice-device ( ?) too so all I could see was the slides moving. It took one hour and a few minutes before those stopped and then I spend some nervous minutes waiting for him to call and he called and we were done and whoo-hoo! Apparently he loved all the questions!
Then there was the partaay and he had a hangover the next day bad enough to not drive back till mid afternoon & he brought back my Bub's burger and we hugged and discussed it again to death.
The most surprising bit however was when his mum called me to congratulate and I said, oh thanks! And she said, well, we can only pray from here but you did the rest, supporting him and waiting.
I admit I didn't see that one coming which therefore prompted my, oh wow, thank you, that is so sweet of you response which well, resulted in uncomfortable giggles on both ends.
And that is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment