You know there are somethings that you know you will simply be good at. You just know it. somethings that you really really want,wish for,dream about,break into a smile thinking about..A baby is one such thing for me. I adore kids, even the slightly annoying one's, my friends cousins kid i ran into, the baby at the aiport who willingly climbed into my lap as its mother adjusted that stroller thing and then proceeded to happily wiggle its fat arms in my face,i love them all and surprisingly i remember these random babies faces quite clearly and i put little things i like from each and imagine my own,though that sounds a little creepy!
yesterday we had a dinner thing for people from A's work. Both families brought their kids. They were both equally active and happy and carried their cars and were friendly and immedietly comfy with both A and me,more him though!
Anyway one of them,little Brian from probably too much jumping about and exploring and chocolate milk on top of orange juice had a puke spree where he soiled the carpet,his parents apologised profusely and for like ever.it was totally cool by us,i mean kids,big deal,sorts but they came back little later,just when we sat down with our beer n wine and discuss the evening that was time,armed with steam rollers or something,some kinda complicated carpet cleaning and continued to clean up despite our protests.
Little Brian looked quite upset,i guess pretty aware what was happening and obviously of his role in this went snuggling into his mum's neck and looked up at us.I asked him if he wanted to climb into my neck for a change and he happily came off,his mum says he likes indian families though i doubt his ability to distinguish different skin tones!
His little nose squashed up and his small set together type eyes and his so small arms went around my neck and i,people,was so bledy happy. i kept hoping he wont have enough and wriggle out and just as i was thinking he decides to! talk about jinxing things anyway he went of to check what his dad was doing explaning how he was "feeling fine now" :)
I know its going to be a while before we have some, one,any,few whatever kids. till then i shall have to live off borrowed moments and such. which is fine really. i am feeling fine now.
5 comments:
ha haha! I love the last line! And can imagine you saying it. In fact, I think you HAVE! :D
Love it!!
@june: heh..yeah..
Hey there. That's quite a prolific blog you have going here. Will be spending time going through your posts. Curious - how did you find my blog? (and if you have already been to mine in the past and I just can't recall, forget my dying grey cells)
@parth: i found you from frissko's place actually and no dying cells yet :/
I think some cells are definitely dying. I meant "forgive" when I typed "forget". I suppose I am asking you to do both :) Hope to see you around some more.
Post a Comment