Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Anniversary

So coming Christmas we will have been married for a year. So this is my anniversary post.
If boi hadn't happened just in time, i know i would have had an arranged marriage. Mainly because almost everyone including me was getting tired of the kind of "specimens"-THIS is me being not rude,I kept showing up with. My parents finally declared me incapable of this and took over. A and i were still just talking about the weather and dogs then. I was kinda hoping he would say something, but he also made it plenty obvious that he needed time, I had to be as patient as it comes. We had much corny-cheesy moments. I was once with friends in this place and they had these table mats with mushy phrases. One of them being something like this " Life is a bowl of warm mushy cereal on sunny mornings" or so. :/
For some unspeakable,unfathomable reason i send him this. I guess he should have packed and run to Russia then, instead he said "will you add the sugar?" :/
I said "yes, will you stir it?" He said : " Will you make sure it doesnt turn sour on me?" and i said " will try" and he said " Bring it on then" and just like that cheesily in a pub, over slurry texts and rum for me, and on his way to work for him we decided to try this long distance thing.

Whats kind of amazing is we are such different people. He is patient to the extent of making the person who invented patience look bad. I am impatient in a way that is well, not good. I hate waiting, i get annoyed, i *used to have all these weird mood swings- which now that i think about makes me look silly. But with boi its easy to be happy. He makes each day easier. From waking up to his chai to going back to bed reading our own books he makes it all so easy. *This is the Boi is best post so you wont find anything that i dont like about him.

Anyway as much as i would like to pretend that we bright intelligent people who have it all figured and that is how this works so well, i am pretty sure we have stumbled on this accidentally. This balance where i dont have to explain anything. Where we creep each other out thinking similair things. Want a kinda creepy eg? :) So we are watching Virgin Suicides- i am a fan of the sad and depressed.
Anyway their one daughter commits suicide and she has some four other sisters. It runs through my horrid head that well, this sucks but at least there are four more,so they should be ok in a while. I immediately try and ignore what i just thought but its already swimming around and i have to tell someone and let it go. So i tell him and he says : i thought the same thing, but dint want to say because i thought you might yell or look shocked.

well,well.

I used to have an old blog which only Boi and perhaps P used to read. It was filled with weird posts and feelings and terrible poems. Boi regularly commented. Once we hooked up i kept thinking he is this awesome because he used to read the blog and he knows what i want,like etc. Suspicion just wouldnt let go. But with time i know its not true. Though i am not fan of the soulmate club i do think boi and i fit together very well like,like back to chessy- like kanji and uup (Porridge and salt), like rain and chai, like kappa and beef.

SEE how its all food related explanations. somethings never change. Happy anniversary to S and A.

8 comments:

june said...

I will definitely drink to that next week.
Big hug to my fav kutty and Barney.
Hope there are many more corny cheesy, 'sugar-coated' moments, loads of love and hugs and warm cuddly days.

Also I also wish you some extra bed bugs next year for not coming to India this year :|

You will be missed at Gokharna.

Carpe Diem! said...

Awww!!! Happy Anniversary to you two!! :D God bless! :) x

smooth n rippled.... said...

*sniff* that is so sweet! really. Happiness to the two of you. :)

survivingbrain said...

Happy Anniversary !

Heathcliffs Girl said...

Thanks all :)

The Pixy Princess said...

I'm picking up all sorts of hints about your identity through these posts. And I cannot help but wonder if I know you. But anyway... I will keep reading and keep wondering.

In the mean time, Happy Anniversary!

Heathcliffs Girl said...

PP: Well, if you know a hypochondriac who married one of her close friends is a mallu and is baby crazy and prefers reading above anything else and thinks highly of gluttony, then you do :p

The Pixy Princess said...

I made a list of all my female mallu friends. None matched ALL of the criteria, but I did find out that I do know a lot of mallus and that an alarming number of them are hypocondriacs.