So after a while this reflecting business got kind of boring i mean how much can get done with me thinking about the dirty dishes in the sink or thinking about the rights and wrongs of the whole wikileaks bit and about privacy and who is entitled to what. So i was uhm well looking at what is happening with Gossip Girl season two and was planning to read what wiki had on offer when suddenly this site with all nude girls popped up. I was very interested as its been a long time since i saw some porn. I quite like it but its not top of my list, i would prefer reading erotica any day and here is why:
Mainly i get distracted looking at sizes and shapes AND end up wondering about needless comparisons. :/ and two: My imagination is so much better and works better.
And then i went back to my original reflecting business and remembered some old incidents. So in school there was a group of us. Me and two girls and three guys. We kinda got blamed for anything that happened in the class! It was so unfair but im thinking with good reason!
So once one of the girls, with who i am btw very good friendships with these days, says to me: We wont be talking to Boy X from now.
Me: oh ok. But why!
Her: He watches porn.
A very genuinely amazed me wants to ask why that would be a problem but i am very good with intuitions and other things related so i shut up. But it was very amusing to see how offended they were with it. I dont know what it was maybe the offensive to women part or some kind of moral uptightness.
The only time i have ever been offended with it is very recently when in symbi this guy was well watching it in class like right behind me. I am very ok with what you do but would kind of be comfortable if you werent breathing behind my back as you do it.
Anyway so here is my take on it: As much as i am ok with it i do feel that at no point does it completely address a woman. and i dont mean erotica. I mean pornography. I wish there was more sensual aspects to it, a more dreamy quality as opposed to cold, calculating women getting it on with supposedly Arab men on conference tables. That to me does nothing. It makes me wonder about imagination and creativity. I am quite sure there would be a huge market for creative porn.
Ps; Boi assures me of some director who does do it. I forget his name but will find out if anyone wants to know. i once had this conversation, wait for it, with my mother of all people. My mum likes to beleive she is liberal with her ideas what with having to live with me over the many years :/, very recently i heard her have an argument with my dad and to quote her and her support for the gay rights : " but you see they cant help it"
I was very happy obviously that my many arguments and articles had steered her. But despite all that on our porn conversation she says that she is sure that its men who watch too much porn who resort to rape and child molestation.
I wasnt aghast or too shocked. I knew where it was coming from. Its quite natural i am sure to think of porn watchers as perverts in dingy rooms or empty cinema halls, but that is really giving in to the stereotype. That would be like saying women who dress provocatively are asking for it. My next question then logically is : what about all the women in burkha who get raped? Are they pleading with their eyes for it?
At the end of everything it doesn't help if you are pro or anti porn. For one it will continue to exist and two the more you believe in cliches, for eg only men enjoy porn and women i dont know, cuddling? (shudder) then the more you are going to stay offended at it. I guess the problem is who is watching it and what kind. Obviously there are all kinds and i know for a fact that i wouldn't be comfortable watching violent ones where women are being forced.
Another thing, In this country its all freely available. Adult stores and just google away whereas in India its still illegal. I cant decide which is worse. To make something that has a forceful impact available to all age groups like here or like in India where one still hides and sneaks around and somehow manages to get all kinds of wrong information. Which again brings up the question of Sex education.
I dont think any schools back home have even a notion of sex ed, maybe finishing school perhaps but those kids aren't quite the one's who need it, i think, being a little biased here. I can only imagine the parental uproar that will follow.
So much for my reflections. I have found a couple of essays and books that i am finding very interesting. Here are some links:
Herotica and The Diary of Anais Nin
4 comments:
Check out dis writer, Judy Blume. N ofcourse porn is perfectly alright. though d category matters, so does d tym n energy u spent on it, n dt u hv a clear distinction bw fantasy n reality.
Also perhaps a lil disappointin to know dt al dose dark dirty fantasies are boringly common
Is it just me or are your typing out full words and sentences?
Wat hpnd to al tis?
Rape(a man raping a women) has nothing to do with porn or anything of that sort. its just about growing up in a particular way, it is all about knowing a woman.
all said, Porn is good. if directed well. Otherwise, it gives wrong impressions as to this wonderful act.
sb: Think i was saying the same things?
:)
j: I stopped it long back!! bt f u wnt i cn brng t bk
Post a Comment