Monday, March 28, 2011

Two kinds

So quickly, before i lose steam. Two type of people are annoying me muchly these days.

1. The kind who eat meat but feel the need to be all apologetic about it in a hypocritical way. Yeah. Its one thing to feel a little disgusted with yourself for being a non-vegetarian. I get it. Even I sometimes feel a little nauseated with myself. Very rarely, but it happens. But i am not going to make any excuses about it. I doubt if i could stop even if i wanted to and that is all there is to it.

Now the people who are being all vague and weird say things like this : yes, i eat meat but only one's that have been killed in a humane way. Un-cruelly.

Let me tell you this. There is no un cruel way of killing an animal. A quicker way, yes perhaps, one where it dies faster than in other ways, maybe. But essentially what you are trying to say is, yes though i eat meat, look i do have an excuse for it which i think is something i am not ready to let you get away with.

There is then the group of people who mask it with, yes i eat meat but only locally produced from near by farms. Which is ok. But not when you add : it helps the farmer. you know..

No, I dont. Are you saying you are doing the local producers a service by eating their humanely grown cattle? I have been making my opinions about this very harshly known and some havent taken very kindly to it. Whatever, dudes. Yes, i say dudes now.

2nd

The people who are taking advantage of my general inability to say no. I am not very, what is the word quiet or submissive but i find it sometimes difficult to come up with the right lies, spontaneously. So i find myself agreeing to things that arent quite agreeable to me.
so i work part time at this place. The lady is nice enough but lately she seems to think she can just push me around. Mostly my fault for having let it get out of hand and now its difficult to get back on track.

Say it with me people, NO. en. o. No. That is right. I am sure i can do it. No. no.

I will.

That is all for now, loves.


3 comments:

Madhavan said...

S, please..it is 'lose', not loose. In the first sentence..no..don't publish this...just to let you know..that one irks me..
And what you've written is very very true..the first part at least..don't know enough to comment on the second part.. :)

Heathcliffs Girl said...

:) Lose, yes. I think i do it a lot
I write 'believe' also wrong. A lot. :p

The Bride said...

I am one of those meat-apologists. Only in my head though. I feel like I should not be eating meat but I can't stop myself. Actually, philosophically, what I object to is more the rearing animals in these horrid cage-like conditions and then killing them in a brutal long-drawn out process. I think eating meat is part of the food chain but would be nice if the animals had a decent life before. So that's my position... but not wealthy enough (or credulous enough) to buy only farm-reared or whatever and if I did I certainly wouldn't be doing it for the farmer.