I get along so much better with boi's uncle's and aunt's than mine. Somebody once said that in every family there will be this one/ at least one pain in the ass-greedy-extremely manipulative fucker. My family, both sides seem to be amply blessed, maybe we have a couple of extra quotas too. Earlier we only had to deal with the greedy grandmother will all her sly demands of my father. once upon a time, we were very poor and my dad still feels guilty about not having kept his mother in all the glory that she deserves. not. :/
Anyway so now he seems to be making it up and more and more. one of the primary reasons my parents dont get along is this piece of crap hanging around. It was very very nasty to my mum in those days, making her cry and saying these horrid things to her. I used to stand around watching this scared to say anything back cos evil thing used to be all powerful in those days.
My mum happens to be one of those people who has gotten stronger with time. she has also cultivated a very obscene mouth. Mum was brought up by this gentle soul, the kind of woman who wouldnt say anything back even if you crossed her, over and over. Mum never knew passive aggressiveness or giving back just the way you get it... well, you should see her now.
Of course I am glad. Really really glad, once must stick up for themselves ultimately right? The only problem is my dad is now all willing to forget old tragedies and start out again and...she is not. she has a point, I cant help seeing her point. she has lost more than anyone over the past 26 years. There is no reason she should be forgiving now. I think she wants to but she cant quite do it..
It would help if the greedy grandmother hadnt given birth to so many useless kids and now my dad is expected to support all these idiots. well, to be fair just one. This one useless brother. clingy, whiney, complaining. His latest argument is " All of you brothers went off abroad and did well. I didnt. I hung around here looking after out parents so now I expect to be paid back"
This angered me more than anything he has said so far. So much that I have been yelling at my dad, wondering how he cant see the flawed logic.
cos.
1. He is utterly use-fucking-less. He started a number of things only to fail miserably, all funded of course by my generous father.
2. who the fuck says this! Its like me saying, Hey, V, look I am bringing our parents to the U.S and looking after them, why dont you give me some money now for this. I mean you are a doctor, you must have lots lying around.
3. This looking after that he did, was basically taking an auto and coming to the ancestral house and having a second lunch and going to sleep. :/ yes, if one of them fell sick he would drag them them to the hospital after much whining about his "busy schedule" and then ask for exorbitant amounts for a few lab tests.
what a joke. seriously. what.a.fucking.joke.
Now his older daughter is to be married, she is in her final year btech or something, barely 21. I will give you three guesses why they are getting her married off so early. I bet you will never guess.
Cos the evil thing from space wants to see one more wedding of her grandchild before she dies.
Anyone? anything? yeah ok
Now my mum is willing to overlook this extra louw for the mother, part. she really is but then my dad is expected to conduct this wedding. The old evil thing with all that teeth hanging out has divided her property- a piece of dry,stupid land amongst her kids. Its on top of a fuckin hill and its not going to be sold forever.
Now the evil brother knows this. but still he wants to sell it but the evil thing from space doesnt want a foreign feet to step on this land. can you believe this? can you believe this!!! so she wants my dad to buy it. and the brother wants some fuck all price for it.
Obviously mum is going to be mad. hopping mad. Me too, folks. Me too.
My dads arguments are
1. she probably wont survive one more year. Not true, he has been saying this for ten years. She will outlive me and my kids.
2. I want to see what happens if someone else buys this fucking land.
if a "kafir" steps on it. I mean who says that anymore.GOD.
3. The old piece of crap has been getting her way for too long.
I had to interfere and stop him. They all know its me and probably hate me, I couldnt care less. I kinda get the feeling my parents will not last this one out if he does go ahead and do it. So after much emailing and arguing ( ugh) finally we have all agreed that dad will give them that big chunk of cash and we get a promisory note saying greedy brother- lets call him- greebro, will sell this before so and so date and give it to us back. what all I had to say. what all.
And in between this, I was unfriending people on FB? It showed some 300 people, I dont know 300 people. So I was doing that and I took off greebro's kids. :/ It wasnt a malicious act or anything, I mean I like the kid. Its a sweet kid. I just didnt feel comfy having them all look at my drunken pics or something and commenting in their hush shussh what has come over her-amerigas has spoiled her-type lines. AS IF.
So this is the new issue. The daughter cried. Greebro called my dad and said what did greebro kid do to me etc etc. I felt a lil guilty. so I lied. :/ said I deactivated my account and told dad strictly not to make this about some stupid FB shit.
Will have to see greebro this June. :/ UGH.
Anyway so now he seems to be making it up and more and more. one of the primary reasons my parents dont get along is this piece of crap hanging around. It was very very nasty to my mum in those days, making her cry and saying these horrid things to her. I used to stand around watching this scared to say anything back cos evil thing used to be all powerful in those days.
My mum happens to be one of those people who has gotten stronger with time. she has also cultivated a very obscene mouth. Mum was brought up by this gentle soul, the kind of woman who wouldnt say anything back even if you crossed her, over and over. Mum never knew passive aggressiveness or giving back just the way you get it... well, you should see her now.
Of course I am glad. Really really glad, once must stick up for themselves ultimately right? The only problem is my dad is now all willing to forget old tragedies and start out again and...she is not. she has a point, I cant help seeing her point. she has lost more than anyone over the past 26 years. There is no reason she should be forgiving now. I think she wants to but she cant quite do it..
It would help if the greedy grandmother hadnt given birth to so many useless kids and now my dad is expected to support all these idiots. well, to be fair just one. This one useless brother. clingy, whiney, complaining. His latest argument is " All of you brothers went off abroad and did well. I didnt. I hung around here looking after out parents so now I expect to be paid back"
This angered me more than anything he has said so far. So much that I have been yelling at my dad, wondering how he cant see the flawed logic.
cos.
1. He is utterly use-fucking-less. He started a number of things only to fail miserably, all funded of course by my generous father.
2. who the fuck says this! Its like me saying, Hey, V, look I am bringing our parents to the U.S and looking after them, why dont you give me some money now for this. I mean you are a doctor, you must have lots lying around.
3. This looking after that he did, was basically taking an auto and coming to the ancestral house and having a second lunch and going to sleep. :/ yes, if one of them fell sick he would drag them them to the hospital after much whining about his "busy schedule" and then ask for exorbitant amounts for a few lab tests.
what a joke. seriously. what.a.fucking.joke.
Now his older daughter is to be married, she is in her final year btech or something, barely 21. I will give you three guesses why they are getting her married off so early. I bet you will never guess.
Cos the evil thing from space wants to see one more wedding of her grandchild before she dies.
Anyone? anything? yeah ok
Now my mum is willing to overlook this extra louw for the mother, part. she really is but then my dad is expected to conduct this wedding. The old evil thing with all that teeth hanging out has divided her property- a piece of dry,stupid land amongst her kids. Its on top of a fuckin hill and its not going to be sold forever.
Now the evil brother knows this. but still he wants to sell it but the evil thing from space doesnt want a foreign feet to step on this land. can you believe this? can you believe this!!! so she wants my dad to buy it. and the brother wants some fuck all price for it.
Obviously mum is going to be mad. hopping mad. Me too, folks. Me too.
My dads arguments are
1. she probably wont survive one more year. Not true, he has been saying this for ten years. She will outlive me and my kids.
2. I want to see what happens if someone else buys this fucking land.
if a "kafir" steps on it. I mean who says that anymore.GOD.
3. The old piece of crap has been getting her way for too long.
I had to interfere and stop him. They all know its me and probably hate me, I couldnt care less. I kinda get the feeling my parents will not last this one out if he does go ahead and do it. So after much emailing and arguing ( ugh) finally we have all agreed that dad will give them that big chunk of cash and we get a promisory note saying greedy brother- lets call him- greebro, will sell this before so and so date and give it to us back. what all I had to say. what all.
And in between this, I was unfriending people on FB? It showed some 300 people, I dont know 300 people. So I was doing that and I took off greebro's kids. :/ It wasnt a malicious act or anything, I mean I like the kid. Its a sweet kid. I just didnt feel comfy having them all look at my drunken pics or something and commenting in their hush shussh what has come over her-amerigas has spoiled her-type lines. AS IF.
So this is the new issue. The daughter cried. Greebro called my dad and said what did greebro kid do to me etc etc. I felt a lil guilty. so I lied. :/ said I deactivated my account and told dad strictly not to make this about some stupid FB shit.
Will have to see greebro this June. :/ UGH.
4 comments:
Sounds bad ! Spring cleaning FB is always good.. and to be honest families sometimes are too much trouble. I've had my days where i question myself " how the effing hell am i related to them.. they freak the jeebus out of me! Time shall heal and ignorance is bliss!
Ahh families! What drama! Every family has one brother (generally it's a brother, sisters don't have that sense of entitlement and if they do noone listens to them because they got their dowry no?) who says this you-all-went-away-I-am-looking-after-parents thing. When the truth is they are just a loser and can't face that fact. Such people are to be ignored and not indulged. The whole land thing is extremely shady. In fact, I didn't even understand the final arrangement. Why can't the guy pay for his own daughter's wedding? And drama over FB... all the more reason to defriend them.
::rolls eyes:: Now why does all this drama sound familiar?! Oh, yes, I know! Coz it's all over TV, my family, my friends' families, my neighbour's family, my neighbour's friend's family, my neighbour's friend's dog's mother-in-law's aunt's grandchild's in-law's family and everywhere else in India.
Also, honestly! Crying over FB friending and non-friending is like looking for issues where none exist. You are right. Your family is better off without your family. :/
Anon: I wish ignorance was, actually not knowing what my dad is upto now is more more annoying :/
TB: Its all very very shady. He cant cos he is broke. or says he is. Nothing new there.
CD: :)yeah only if we could pick. I would unpick every single one of them.
Post a Comment