Wednesday, June 8, 2011

More room mate looking stories

So I am looking for places to stay come September. This actually poses two kinds of problems.

1. People advt for room mates are all looking for people to move in June- July. I dont see that happening.
mainly cos I doubt I will be back with my visa by then, so the option is to you know pay for Aug and July without actually staying there which is stupid not to mention expensive. but also ultimately might have to be done cos by August most places would be taken.

I forgot the second problem. :/ yes ok, so the very issue of room mates. So in the beginning I was actively pursuing wonly Indian Room mates. I am not sure why I was doing that. I think something to do with the food. but then most ads said " wanted female room mate. only vegetarian"

so after a while I quit that and went to craigslist. where I spend hours just going through photos and weird ads and so on and on... and on. I found nothing. Really.I send out a couple of mails and no one responded. Then there were some weird ads. One person says for the low rent you can have the basement with bathroom and kitchennette but instead you got to run their grocery and other errands :/ AND pick up their son from his friends houses! uhm
Another lady mails saying in one room three girls, so 6 girls and one girl in the living room, instantly a messed up horribly smelling bathroom came to mind and I had to decline. Though my stds are low I must draw the line somewhere. I was tempted with the basement, I can pick up the 14 year old kid..from friends places..I think. Snoop says, what if he makes you wait for hours and hours.. That sort of stumped me. Unnecessary situations could develop.

Then finally I remembered BU's own site where there must be ads, more searching and finally I found the perfect place. Its about ten minutes from where I need to go and there is a green line and the room is small but enough to fit a large bed, a writing desk and maybe all my books! The two other girls seem very nice, a Russian and a Brazilian, They have a cat, but well. I can get used to a cat. The closeness is what is pulling me. Earlier I was considering living in East Boston for the cheaper rent but then the bitter winter will then arrive and make me commute slushing through dirty snow, getting off and taking another bus and then walking more. Who am I kidding? That cannot be me.

And for a few more hundreds  :( I can stay closer to classes means I will take that up anyday. The problem is I wont be seeing the place till I am back from India but my aunty is going to go check it out, her stds are a little higher than mine but thats ok and she will give them whatever deposit they need. The only problem is the girl who is moving out is off to stay with her bf and I am worried in the next two months she will change her m ind and I will sit here thinking yay, I have found the place and then when she does change her mind, the hunt will begin all over again. I am not sure what kind of legal thing I can get from them before I move in. I dont think there is anything like that.

But I really want this place!
I am kind of dreading room mates. After living with boi you know to start this all over again, plus the memories of the zombie are still fresh in mind. Have I not told you of zombie aka crybaby? Must be in my old old blog.

Zombie was my roommate for a whole year. she was either zombie or crybaby. Any kind of tough assignment comes our way- stay up till 2 in morning doing it or presentation coming up or I dont know pretty much anything comes up and she would cry! And I wouldnt know what to do. Initially I would go sit with her and hope she wouldnt touch me. Yes, I dont like touching people when they are crying, and she would collapse on to my shoulders, tears all over my tee! It was disgusting! Then one day the crying was so much I had to hug her. We were in my bed and she actually climbed in. She is very small about 5ft. climbed in, pulled the sheets up and just settled....there sniffling. For what seemed like eternity.

More horrid things- she hated eating in public. so she would get her food to the room, pav bhaji and eggs and noodles. and then leave the plates lying around amidst all the clothes heap and all kinds of CRAP. Many times I would clean both our parts hoping it would sway her, but she would just lie in bed and say  my name in a weird cooochie - for lack of better word way and smile up lazily. How I wanted to just kick her out of there! how how. :(

Then I stopped cleaning her part, so there would my side, clean with desk wiped and clothes all hung up in the closet, books neatly arranged and her part.... It used to make me so angry like gnash teeth in anger. she would stay up till 2 and 3 chatting and I would be so dead, half asleep but lights and me dont go together. I would wait not patiently but neverthless till like one- which seemed a reasonable hour to ask to switch lights off and she would say - arrey I am doing some assignment! As if! Lying bitchslutwhore. :/
she had two  boyfriends, one Gujrati and one Maharashtrian. so chatting and phone would proceed till early morning, each bf attempting to teach her their language. can you imagine at two- giggles and khem che chu whatever! Most painful.

Then a whole lot of other disgusting situations I wont go into and finally we completely stopped speaking, thank god. I was spending more and more time outside the room. so you see I am a little skeptical. but then here I will have my own room and these girls said they have rotational cleaning. which gives me hope.

You all can send some good wishes my way so that I get this place. wokay?

In other news. Going to India on Saturday. Sister has something called Paratyphoid. But is getting better. Boi likes his job. San Fran is not sunny as promised. All this tax and such promises, the sunny weather crap is all bullshit. Well atleast this year.Though I love this weather, so I am not sure why I said that. Its cloudy and breezey which is good.

Tada for now.


3 comments:

Madhavan said...

Have a pleasant journey :)
And havent you heard? When you really want something, the whole universe conspires to get you that? (Well, not always, but most of the times, no?)

Anonymous said...

Craigslist is freaky. Isn't there any place inside campus? Studio apartments maybe? Don't mean to stereotype.. but Russians and Brazilians are heavy on the partying , most at least. But hey , everything is an experience.. take your chances if you must , enjoy it and learn from it if it comes down to that.

Heathcliffs Girl said...

M: Yes, Never works for me though but maybe this will turn that around

Anon: Yeah in campus is crazy expensive and I am going to the broke artist-big city cliche. ;/