Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Happy Vishu

Happy Vishu, erryone. Have a great year filled with the usual suspects.

This is the first time I am doing the whole 'Kanni' situation myself. For a whole decade and a half we saw evil grandmother's Kanni and as my mother puts it 'it was the harbinger of all our nasham" :) The night before Vishu I googled "What vishu means" because I had this image suddenly of doing a Kanni with future kids and them asking so what is this? and me saying something like, it's Kerala culture darlings, and them going, oh yeah? what is that? and me saying, umm hang on, I will tell you in a minute and searching Vishu, What is Vishu or worse: What is Kerala culture? on my phone hidden in the bathroom.

Well of course I know it is the new year and Malayalam month and all that but there has to be a story right? Thus the googling.

Look at my Kanni:

and of course a Sadya:



No comments: