So I have a lot of issues coming up. As always I suppose. One of the things that I really like about A and my shared aunt is how enterprising she is. She is about forty and due to a whole lot of crap she had to deal with, she ended up career less. And this is America-land of whatever whatever. :/ So she has done so many courses but somehow it wont pan out into a job. It sounds flaky but it truly isn't It involved headaches like citizenship of a different country issues, baby issues, husband moving around issues, people telling you-if you can just relax everything will happen issues- but somehow she has hung on. Every course she does, she shines like a super star, straight A's, she obsessively studies, heads down to class even with a flu- :/ this isnt particularly a good thing, but still you get the picture. And now finally she is doing a para legal course because she has always been interested in law and politics and doing well as always and most likely to land a decent job but it turns out they have to move to the Gelf. I can tell she is tired but being sporty! I can also tell that I wouldn't be half this graceful about all this. I would be a raging cyclone!
I have been thinking what should I do now. The options were: join a local culinary school. A school counseling certification. Volunteer at a kindergarten, start a home food service, food stylist internship, intern at a local domestic violence shelter after finishing the DV certification, a small time paper internship. As you can see it's all either food/ children or NPO's. I love kids and not in a oh-you-cutie and ok now get off my hip way. I can spend quite a bit of time with a child and not be so bored. So the best fit for me would be an Early Childhood certification for elementary school. Not below that or above it. This is my favorite child period. Now the thing standing in my way is the colleges are far off in the suburbs mostly and I live in the city. Second, we can apply for the GC only in August and I absolutely cannot do the F-2 F-1 mania ever ever in my life again. So it looks like I will have to wait till October at least. This is okay actually. I will hopefully find a volunteer position till then. Most of the jobs also require me to be bilingual and they mostly mean Spanish which btw after 2 years of learning the only lines I can form now is: en mi tiempo libre mi gusta leer lebros! :/ and well, como estas :D But I think I can pick it up. I remember I had my spanish exam and Mr. A was in Pune and decided to help me learn and although what I mean by that is: we made out after every few words it was such fun to be with my 'boyfriend'! :) What a good time that was.
Meanwhile I am trying to round up a few people to do this with me. I read this poem that her children, these two lovely girls, have written and I sat and cried for a while. BTW I don't know what the fuck is up but I can weep at the drop now. Anyway so I don't know anyone here so I emailed my meetup group and one person responded which might seem like nothing but I am truly grateful. I understand people are always busy esp ones with kids and jobs and so that's all right. The place I would prefer to hold the registry is at this temple here since it attracts a bunch of Indians and that would be the best match for a fellow Indian. You should watch this video in which Nalini speaks and she is elegant and lovely. I was praying today evening and I thought of her. I never do that even though multiple times people in trouble have said: keep me in your prayers. It always seemed like a 'line' but I think I understand what that means now.
A send me a link today. Turns our Adoor Gopalakrishnan is speaking at the Uni! How strange was my first thought. But needless suprise. Everyone knows everything now. A film maker from Kutty Kerala in Chicago. Nice! I couldn't explain how exciting this is! The last time I was excited about a director was Herzog at IU and that was a good talk. I love most of his movies that I have seen and I hope it's a good evening! Remember Mathilukal? :)
More on that later.
I have been thinking what should I do now. The options were: join a local culinary school. A school counseling certification. Volunteer at a kindergarten, start a home food service, food stylist internship, intern at a local domestic violence shelter after finishing the DV certification, a small time paper internship. As you can see it's all either food/ children or NPO's. I love kids and not in a oh-you-cutie and ok now get off my hip way. I can spend quite a bit of time with a child and not be so bored. So the best fit for me would be an Early Childhood certification for elementary school. Not below that or above it. This is my favorite child period. Now the thing standing in my way is the colleges are far off in the suburbs mostly and I live in the city. Second, we can apply for the GC only in August and I absolutely cannot do the F-2 F-1 mania ever ever in my life again. So it looks like I will have to wait till October at least. This is okay actually. I will hopefully find a volunteer position till then. Most of the jobs also require me to be bilingual and they mostly mean Spanish which btw after 2 years of learning the only lines I can form now is: en mi tiempo libre mi gusta leer lebros! :/ and well, como estas :D But I think I can pick it up. I remember I had my spanish exam and Mr. A was in Pune and decided to help me learn and although what I mean by that is: we made out after every few words it was such fun to be with my 'boyfriend'! :) What a good time that was.
Meanwhile I am trying to round up a few people to do this with me. I read this poem that her children, these two lovely girls, have written and I sat and cried for a while. BTW I don't know what the fuck is up but I can weep at the drop now. Anyway so I don't know anyone here so I emailed my meetup group and one person responded which might seem like nothing but I am truly grateful. I understand people are always busy esp ones with kids and jobs and so that's all right. The place I would prefer to hold the registry is at this temple here since it attracts a bunch of Indians and that would be the best match for a fellow Indian. You should watch this video in which Nalini speaks and she is elegant and lovely. I was praying today evening and I thought of her. I never do that even though multiple times people in trouble have said: keep me in your prayers. It always seemed like a 'line' but I think I understand what that means now.
A send me a link today. Turns our Adoor Gopalakrishnan is speaking at the Uni! How strange was my first thought. But needless suprise. Everyone knows everything now. A film maker from Kutty Kerala in Chicago. Nice! I couldn't explain how exciting this is! The last time I was excited about a director was Herzog at IU and that was a good talk. I love most of his movies that I have seen and I hope it's a good evening! Remember Mathilukal? :)
More on that later.
2 comments:
I have given a sample to the marrow registry. Hope there is a match soon. Adoor - I like his movies, but watched an interview on tv sometime back and dint like that. Let us know!
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Stem-cell-donor-ditches-Stanford-University-professor/articleshow/19655630.cms
Post a Comment