Thursday, November 11, 2010

More food talk

I have way too much writing to do with the sop's and the writing samples and i have no energy left for you too,blog so you will just have to be happy with pictures.

Food, i am giving you food. That cant be so bad. Anyhow, fish is one of my staple diets. Fish fried with rice, curried with rice, with tapioca, baked and even fish and chips (too bland) yet. Here so far i havent been able to find my favorite one's,King fish, shark, mussels, or even sardines. which is why when i discovered Baby mackerel at tenth street market, boi was dragged and mackerel was bought/brought home.

The hard part is the cleaning which boi washed his hands off from, saying it dint suit him and that he WOULDNT be doing it. well, since i am the one more enthused it should be me.

It reminded of those time when lakshmi chechi ( a lady who has been with my family since ever) taught me to cut,clean and gut fish. I remember thinking then why, i am never going to be doing this. But then i also used to think i would never leave india. well. so much for all that.
The mackerel turned out to be super fresh and super yumm.

Here you go:

Tenth street market also has Fresh mutton, not lamb. Young goat. I can tell, by the smell of the ghee on the meat. Boi loves mutton, its his favorite meat ever, and so i made a quick mutton roast, the yumm comes from leaving it on flame for about an hour on the stove


Done for now.

PS: Check out this site for some really awesome recipes.

2 comments:

june said...

I should start eating meat so I'm ready for all your love.

Thanatos said...

Mmmm, mutton. It's very scarce where I live - you can only buy it in muslim markets. Looks really well cooked!