So p's this post makes me write this.Though mine is a 30 thing because am heading there in a few years and its good to know what all did get done.
1. If MFA, do a Phd. If Journalism, well, nothing then. Do some stupid job.
2. That book. That screenplay. something. anything.
3. Try being less vague!Though the fate of the play will be known by this year end. so that will rest in peace
4. Start that lonavala/ Dehradun shack plan. Serve the boi's shepherds pie and Puttu plus kappa beef on sunday mornings, Beer of course. I think its easier to get a license if its only beer and wine.
5. Running the marathon dream. I mean half marathon. Its not like a full fledged from childhood dream.its one
of those pretty sure i could do it kinds.
6. Figure out all those legal things of adopting a baby girl. It apparently takes forever,so maybe we should get started.
7. Preach-practice problem. I have all these wonderful idealistic ideas and situations in my head. Like take the adoption e g. I know someone who works to get more older children adopted and he used to tell me how its the hardest thing ever. convincing people. convincing the kids. Even if they do it doesnt end there. and i used to think how unfair and sad that was. But even then the idea of bringing home a 4 or 5 year old. I dont think i could handle it. Or maybe i could. I dont know yet.
8. Back to zimpler problems. One Dog please. Make it a yellow lab Please
9. Read all of Maugham's Books.Read all of V.S Naipaul's Books. All of Coetzee's book - This is almost done. Finally,something!!
10. See the Neela kurinji Bloom. Though its another 12 years to go. Thats going to be 2018. Maybe it should be in my next list.
11. Try and see all those places where all those authors lived. Go see their tombstones. Like The Monk House, Woolf's place. And Lake ouse where she drowned. I have a morbid list.
12. Keep my friends.
13. Yoga certified. Fucking hard thing to do. and judging my current ass meets couch state,doesnt look good. but i am super flexible and when i do it,i do it really well. No pun here. please leave now.
14. Make parents proud. No clue how. considering that they are not easily pleased parents. Well,thats not true. But give them something big.
15. stay at 140 pounds for as long as i can. long long. very long.
6 comments:
there is something about lists, isn't there...the sense of purpose it gives, possibly... all the best with your list!
The bloody list. I haven't done one thing from my 24 list and I turned 24 last week. :|
I'm pushing to get the Yamaha keyboard atleast by the time I'm 26. :(
Lakshmi: yeah and even better would be striking off,though that is a rare event.
@June: :O new lists,baby
So I was telling Marshmallow about your plans to adopt a girl and his first question was, 'Have you applied yet?'
Me: 'Apply for what?'
Him: 'Apply to get adopted by kutty and Barney' :D :D Sigh.
Where do I sign up?
Ok really like your blog. But will refrain from going and commenting on every post. However, I have to say - if you can get funding or afford to pay your way, definitely MFA over journalism. You can be a journalist with an MFA too, might as well study something interesting at uni.
Yeah Journalism isnt scoring well as days go by! Even with a partial funding an MFA is prefferd
Post a Comment