movie binge. I just felt like I needed a good dose of nammade swantham malayalam. Mainly because I never get names for characters right and somehow watching 90's and late 80's helps! Not always but it's a joy always to create mini Kerala in my house, eat a good helping of rice and kootan and fish and watch movies.
Kariyila Kaatu Pole - Padmarajan
Amrutham Gamaya- M.T Vasudevan Nair
Paavakoothu- So unbearably terrible.
Diamond Necklace: * Q: What was this? Ans: When instead of trying to say a good story, the director and writer wanted to moralize, and ended up with a half hearted tale that did no justice to its characters and ended with a feeble warning of sorts. Insulting to any moderately intelligent viewer.
Passenger: **** Absolutely wonderful. I don't know how I missed this one. The true value of this movie is in its sensibility, the places and moments where instead of opting for a grand gesture it steps back and becomes almost a quiet observer. And in this shyness of both plot, moments and the main character's attitudes, it establishes very well what it wanted to to do : Show a good film, tightly wound, and suspense well built and ultimately a good message conveyed eloquently.
Kariyila Kaatu Pole - Padmarajan
Amrutham Gamaya- M.T Vasudevan Nair
Paavakoothu- So unbearably terrible.
Diamond Necklace: * Q: What was this? Ans: When instead of trying to say a good story, the director and writer wanted to moralize, and ended up with a half hearted tale that did no justice to its characters and ended with a feeble warning of sorts. Insulting to any moderately intelligent viewer.
Passenger: **** Absolutely wonderful. I don't know how I missed this one. The true value of this movie is in its sensibility, the places and moments where instead of opting for a grand gesture it steps back and becomes almost a quiet observer. And in this shyness of both plot, moments and the main character's attitudes, it establishes very well what it wanted to to do : Show a good film, tightly wound, and suspense well built and ultimately a good message conveyed eloquently.
1 comment:
I need your kootan recipes. Please.
Post a Comment