Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bad Bad T.V

You know, it's kind of become a 'thing' to say ' I don't own a t.v' with a smug face and nose up, up, way up in the air. All I want to say to these folks : there is so much intelligent television out there, you muck face. You know who does this? Shavi shubhs. This hateful mega bitch who I hope to someday slam face down into mud and cow dung.

Anyway not that I watch only intelligent tv, which is another matter. But I love t.v and I am happy to say it. Most of these folks who btw diss television are my fellow writing buddies. The really snobby kind, the ones I respect, they all watch well written shows. For e.g. Mad Men. Hello, anyone?
For e.g, Breaking Bad--I haven't seen more than a few but even still. Good Wife is drama but they have scripted it really well. Homeland, is fabulously addictive.
For when you want some laughs: Modern Family? Downton Abbey is yes slightly so apish, but even so. Not apish, SOAP ish.

But today is my bad bad t.v premieres! Grey's Anatomy, and Scandal!! I don't care, I am super happy. And then there will be my zombie apocalypse return with The Walking Dead-- you know, this is actually a really good show, I don't know, seriously. You feel kind of invested in them. Not the Zombies, i.e.

Then there is the wednesday nights with Food Network and Robert Irvine thrashing up restaurants and rebuilding them! Chopped for when streaming all this takes time!  Which reminds me that I should watch Newsroom sometime. And also start catching up with some historical works. The Tudors looks like something I would enjoy. Its about the reign of Henry the 8th and Katherine of Aragon. I also think I should check out some Game of Thrones, but I just can't bring myself to. I have put it in the Harry Potter category and can't bear to even try but everyone is a ravin.

Oh before I forget and before A jumps on it. Please watch The Wire because its god's own very brilliant gift to humanity. No, he swears by it and I keep meaning to see but there is only so much I can do!!

By the way the one show I managed to see and hated and everyone else loved is: Girls. I don't get the hype. I tried to see the 'artistry' in it but all I see is a worser version of Sex and the City and a lot of ugh dialogues.  I miss a really good science fiction series!

I am sure I am missing something here. 

1 comment:

The Pixy Princess said...

I don't have a TV, but I am in a committed relationship with Netflix and I watch all of the current shows online.

People do look at me strangely when I say I don't have cable. Or a TV.

I suspect they figure that since I don't have a boyfriend, I should at least have basic cable in my life.

This is a great comment. Am going to turn it into a post of it's own!