Saturday, August 4, 2012

Treats and Fears

I just submitted the thesis today to L and HJin. I left early in the morning to print and format and bullshit and by afternoon dropped it off at his house and now I just need to spend three paranoid days wondering if he might say: REVISE. This won't sit well with me because I have an India trip coming up and a visa renewal. I won't even, I don't even have a contingency plan except begging to him. I don't know why he should say no, except why shouldn't he? I don't know.

Even so, I was pretty thrilled at submitting. It looked and felt like a real book. Like if I published a 90 page book, it would feel like this. So I stared at it for a while and then went for a movie and had lunch at a Indian place which wasn't good, but today I didn't mind that so much.

I saw To Rome With Love, and initially for the first 20mins, I was a little bugged. I mean the quirky Woody Allen thing isn't something I really enjoy anymore. But it definitely got better and there were some, only some, great moments. It ended on a good note though.

A and I and P will be New Yorking it this month. I have all kinds of fun activities planned for us! :) other than the usual touristy stuff.
and then A and I will be hitting up India and a trip somewhere-- Sri Lanka? Andaman? Somewhere and then I will be off to Istanbul for a month and a week.

So many plans and exciting things so no need to MOURN MFA END. OKAY? ok.

P has landed and I am so happy that she is a call away.

I have to start packing this week. I came here with 80 books and I have 140 now. :/ I probably will have to sell some of the not good ones. That's going to be a little hard but I do have some crap lying around.

Later

No comments: