There is a tree outside my window. Sometimes when its really windy, some of its branches knock against the window. Its an eerily,calming feeling. Like its saying: Hello? Hello? All good in there? Are you both all cosy and comfortable under your blankets? Ivade, nothing much happening, just you know blowing with this stupid wind that wont stop...
Heh, Just my sad imagination on the loose here.
This tree has kept me company during the months of GRE and then through the writing and applying cos its where the dining table is and where I sit.
One of the lovely things about the amerigas is the seasons. Its all so prominent as opposed to I dont know, cochin? where the only prominence is the monsoon. so I love the fall colors and the spring gorgeousness and surprisingly wasnt too impressed with the snow. It was a royal pain and slushy and I didnt even get that excited over it. Also, hate driving in the snow and ice. Hate the cold and the layering up and the boots and gloves and mittens and... you get the idea. But spring is perfect here, shorts and sandals. Sun and gym-ming. Walking without shivering.
so anyway, here is my tree in three seasons.
when I had just gotten here :
and then during the fall :
and then towards the end of winter there was this hail after a snow shower and ice crystals formed on the leaves! It was beautiful and I was glad boi didnt have to go out on those slippery roads. Uni shut down and people were stocking up food and the grocery store was crowded! Which is another thing, any kinda warning and these people run to the stores to stock up. I was thinking in an Indian household there is no such worries. If nothing we will have rice-dal and in my case fish, anyway, anyhow.
The ice-crystal-ed branch:
Love
S
Heh, Just my sad imagination on the loose here.
This tree has kept me company during the months of GRE and then through the writing and applying cos its where the dining table is and where I sit.
One of the lovely things about the amerigas is the seasons. Its all so prominent as opposed to I dont know, cochin? where the only prominence is the monsoon. so I love the fall colors and the spring gorgeousness and surprisingly wasnt too impressed with the snow. It was a royal pain and slushy and I didnt even get that excited over it. Also, hate driving in the snow and ice. Hate the cold and the layering up and the boots and gloves and mittens and... you get the idea. But spring is perfect here, shorts and sandals. Sun and gym-ming. Walking without shivering.
so anyway, here is my tree in three seasons.
when I had just gotten here :
and then during the fall :
and then towards the end of winter there was this hail after a snow shower and ice crystals formed on the leaves! It was beautiful and I was glad boi didnt have to go out on those slippery roads. Uni shut down and people were stocking up food and the grocery store was crowded! Which is another thing, any kinda warning and these people run to the stores to stock up. I was thinking in an Indian household there is no such worries. If nothing we will have rice-dal and in my case fish, anyway, anyhow.
The ice-crystal-ed branch:
Love
S
No comments:
Post a Comment