Monday, October 18, 2010

School, Applications and such things

So today was Journalism Preview day at Uni here. I forgot. which is very odd, because i even remember things like bday's of a an uncle's wife who let me stay with them for like two weeks! When people are nice to me, i feel this tremendous need to keep going back and giving them more. and vice-versa. < hey! i used to love this word when i first discovered it!> i would say to Achan: " and vice versa to you" to his much annoyance

So i forgot. and to make matters even better i had scheduled a meeting at 10 30 with the Director of the MFA program.
Now two things comes out of this:
1. I am all " of course this is a sign! God, wants me to do an MFA. aha. Yes, a small part of my brain is saying " Yeah thats all he is thinking about.you, your MFA, You'r Parle G biscuits are over"

2. Boi: the eternal planner of all things big and huge is hugely pissed. and is being all Take this, take that and his face is what you can describe as "set in stone"

Boi now has to make a quick decision of should we take the bus or the car.
I have ready ans. Bus.
ok car.
No bus.

Boi' face further stone-fies- i believe the word i am looking for is petrified. and not in the scared way. The other meaning.

We finally take the car and there is the whole issue of parking. I am being all- look at the signs and effusively declaring my right to do an MFA. I ask boi : Dont you think so?
Boi: Bullshit.
Me: quite hurt now.
Boi: This just means that you need to use the planner more.
Me: Beginnings of cold treatment and " Dont pick on me, you forget a zillion things and other valid arguments not heard clearly due to shrillness in tone"
Boi: I Was just pissed.

That kinda makes everything better and i am ready to be happy and superstitious again. Boi says he wants to park in a parking garage. I say the memo they send me said that they would arrange a parking spot so let me just put that to use.
But no. Boi wants to put his superior knowledge of Bloomington city to effect now!! He says there are no parking spots there! I say : Uhm i am sure there are,if they have to say it in the memo's making it clear whose side i am on.
Boi is being anal about the damn lots now and am back to cold war.

We park at parking garage and go our separate ways.

Obviously life has no ways of being kind to me. The Journalism preview day is being attended by me and another kid. Nate. Nate is quiet and silent and has a sweet smile and an agreeable way of nodding to anything i am saying. I think, this is good. People who i suddenly meet have a weird way of telling me very intimate personal details. I am not sure why. Boi has a theory though, he says its because i dont react. So people are willing to keep going till i say something. it does kinda make sense.

The Journalism guys gave us name tags! Yeah! I wrote my name down and people discussed how its said and almost all of them got it wrong. I am used to it by now so I Dont even bother giving them my short name version.Let them bend their tongues a little with the Y' s and how's of it.

I am quite bored as it is.
The name tag is making me uncomfortable because am wearing a shirt and its got a pocket and there is my name just above the left boob. I fiddle with it a bit, trying to find a better spot,side of my stomach, front of my stomach, the middle buttons. I go back to original position.

I make up a quick thing about a fake doc's appointment and run off to meet the MFA guys.I lose my way and  end up climbing four flights of stairs and arrive panting. and also: why isnt the gymming helping! why am i still panting: To be addressed later.

The Proff is sweet enough, he answered all my questions well enough, told me a little more of the program and what they are looking for.
 I sit down and he asks me twice if am a student here already. I say twice: NO
His eyes sort of swept over my shirt.I guess i should have known then. I am stupid. really.
But on the bright side i forgot my car keys on his table. Climbed four flights of stairs again. and this time i did remember to remove the sticker!
All in good time, my friends.

All in all it was a pretty good day. Except of course they did have parking and that boi was wrong and that we did pay 25 $ and a contrite boi and i went home. What i also did realize is that Journalism has so become my second option. I still like it much and i am willing to slave over it if i get through but the MFA dream is a huge one.

No comments: