Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thalassery Biriyani

I love thalassery. Its my Dad's ancenstral place, green from all sides with a hill by its side which if you climb all the way to the top you can see The Arabian sea/ Bay of bengal. Clearly i have no sense of geography.

When i go there i ate pretty much only fish in all forms. I also look completely different. I have huge amounts of oil in my hair, i wear salwars.Mainly because i seem to have stitched up many with no occasions to put them to good use. I visit the temples and watch the theyyam and go see Kathakali at the temple

Thalassery town is one small pandi place where people stare at you like crazy. like, even if you stare back they continue to eye you without blinking,that kinda crazy but i am past the stage where that gets to me. I have my favorite eatery's all of which Amma refuses to step into for lack of hygiene. I agree. but again am past that too. I love the Paris biriyani which even now i can consume for nostalgic feelings. Though the chicken in the Biriyani is probably older than me.
There is a place called seema's where i gobble down one whole Falooda  and chilli beef with the same gusto to much disgust of many cousin's.

Thalassery Biriyani is one of my favorites. The rice is different and there is heavy doses of ghee involved. I thought the boi needed to get in touch with my roots and thus: tadah!


Boi's obviously comes with accessories

6 comments:

pipedreamer said...

hey, i also wanna get in touch wid ur roots

Heathcliffs Girl said...

well that would require you to move your current roots to amreekan roots :p
feel free to gome anytime

K said...

I've always always wanted to see Kathakali danced in the temples. always.

Heathcliffs Girl said...

K: Must must!! Its beautiful..

Madhavan said...

Yummy..have had the stuff once...have seen kathakali, but not theyyam, will go once, some day...
its the arabian sea:)

Heathcliffs Girl said...

M: yeah i was leaning towards Arabian,Hee. Come visit us,full soopar Biriyani undaki tharam :o